Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 41
02-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I suspect that 'paid access' to T5 shipyards will become quite competitive very soon, especially as more fleets achieve it. If fleet A is selling T5 shipyard access for XXmillion EC, then no doubt fleet B will offer the same for Xmillion EC less, and so on.

As said, I might have considered this, but I don't have XXmillion EC and to be honest, I (personally) remain unconvinced that spending XX million EC + cost of fleet module(s) makes good sense when I could simply hang-fire and wait a little longer for the fleet I am a member of to achieve the same goal and thus obtain the vaunted T5 fleet ships for far less cost.
Which you are of course more than welcome to do! We expect the same. As for many technologies, the early adopters tend to have higher prices to deal with to make up for the costs of initial research and production.
Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 160
# 42
02-06-2013, 06:43 PM
As much as I would enjoy joining a Fleet, and having access to tier 5 ships, I don't have that kind of energy credits, and I'm not spending real $ to get it, so I guess I'm SOL, which works for me since I've had no luck with lockboxes, so I'm used to being SOL. I also wouldn't trust anyone offering access; there's just too many scams out there, especially in mmos.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,512
# 43
02-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonia View Post
Which you are of course more than welcome to do! We expect the same. As for many technologies, the early adopters tend to have higher prices to deal with to make up for the costs of initial research and production.
Well, changed my mind due to desperation for a specific ship, so may well enquire about this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 44
02-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Of which we are glad to have been assistance for. May your travels through the galaxy be safe, even safer now with 10% more hull and shields.
Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
# 45
02-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Hi epsilonia, whats the best way to get in contact with you in game? I'm interested in a T5 ship.

Cheers.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 46
02-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby7 View Post
Hi epsilonia, whats the best way to get in contact with you in game? I'm interested in a T5 ship.

Cheers.
I'm usually a bit too busy running the fleet to do the ship purchases, but my associate at @atheonyirh is almost always able to, when they are on.
Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
# 47
02-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonia View Post
I'm usually a bit too busy running the fleet to do the ship purchases, but my associate at @atheonyirh is almost always able to, when they are on.
I'll add them online, thanks.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,512
# 48
02-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonia View Post
Of which we are glad to have been assistance for. May your travels through the galaxy be safe, even safer now with 10% more hull and shields.
Many thanks - a smooth transaction and a happy customer!

The Fleet Intrepid is fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 49
02-08-2013, 04:38 AM
Alright, I believe that we've taken care of everyone who was interested in purchasing a ship. If there are any further questions or requests, feel free to ask them.
Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 168
# 50
02-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
A legitimate seller loses nothing by keeping their contracts. They don't have sale-related expenses to cover because they already paid for the immense capital investment to get their shipyard to Tier 5. Likewise, a legitimate seller loses reputation and thus future revenue by scamming you. Scamming is bad for legitimate business. Knowledge of that fact is all the security a buyer should need. To assume that you are taking a big risk when dealing with a proven legitimate seller is not healthy paranoia; it's really quite cretinous.
this is not true. First off from what I have heard the majority of these sales are being made by individuals, not the fleet as a whole. As such the revenue that is earned via them is not going to pay back the expenses that were used to pay for the tier 5 shipyard. Rather they are going into an individual members personal bank to pay back whatever he or she contributed to the fleet and nothing else. It does not help the fleet as a whole, and by and large scams the rest of the fleet of their hard earned Tier 5 shipyard.

That said, even if what you say is true, and the alleged facts are that the only buyer security that a person "should" need is the reputation of the seller, the truth of the matter is that this is a purely digital transaction using a purely digital currency for a purely digital product. Worse the seller and the buyer are both 100% anonymous. Thus seller reputation has absolutely NOTHING to do with the matter. This is not Ebay where you can rep down someone who scams you. The forums cannot be used to name and shame someone, so your only recourse is to name and shame them in Zone Chat and that won't always work effectively.

Further a disgruntled member who has not had any contact with these fleets whatsoever, could very easily set up an alternate account and start zone chatting that they scammed him. There would be very little in the way of legal recourse that these fleets could take against that individual, because that kind of situation is not a bannable offense, and there would be no way to prove one way or the other that they didn't scam him due to the nature of these transactions. (please note, that this scenario is a hypothetical and I have no intention of performing this action, nor should any of the readers perform this action. I do not condone anyone taking this action).
______________________________
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 PM.