Lt. Commander
# 81
02-05-2013, 07:58 PM
The Ambassador has some iffy sections (The exact shape of the upper saucer, the wanna-be galaxy pylons instead of connie ones, the lack of detailing around the deflector), but really it's a far prettier ship than a galaxy family ship (other than the Venture) once you get to know her.

That being said, she's a close match for an Excelsi due to the fact that she can tank it and make it. I wish they had chosen a different statline for the ship (3/3/4), but I can live with her.

The ship can't cause the sheer spike power of a tac-officer'd Oddy, or a Fleet 'Celsi, or an ACR's sustained burn, but she can hold that pressure under extreme conditions (to include Tac Cubes and Transwarp Gateways) to draw fire from friends.

It definitely doesn't need that fourth engi console, though. Better off handing that off to Sci to stack threat consoles.
Captain
# 82
02-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Playing it at Commander level with my weirdo Sci captain. The look has grown on me immensely. A nice mix of 80s and 90s Trek ship designs. Tanks like a champ too.

I'm glad I picked it up.
# 83
02-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damiendarkcast View Post
Yes there is something very special about this ship. I cant seem to put it down. She's not too big..not too small and having Ltc Sci boff slots on a cruiser strangely works. Same with the KDF ship two weird ships that are fun to fly...for free

Your signature is too funny - " Star Wars the Old Republic is catching my eye."

It's catching your eye because all the gaming news says it sucks, it's shocking how fast the game tanked, closed servers, and went free to play. I played the beta, it sucked, went back when it was free to L20, it still sucked, and now that they put in free to play with a long list of restrictions....it still sucks. No surprise there.

Stick with STO, a much superior FTP game.
Covenant of the Phoenix www.cotp.info
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.
Ensign
# 84
02-06-2013, 08:59 AM
I need some help with the Ambassador build, it has very low dps even with full mark 12 borg weapons that are antiproton, with upgrades to them and sci embassy consoles that adds plasma procs to them, I get mostly below 80 dps with them, and cannot break a 8 thousand crit, I am a Sci officer, Please help me with this build, Because I have the surviving against other starships part down, but not the dps rating.
Captain
# 85
02-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick65 View Post
Hey alexindcobra, I agree totally. I feel I have a decent build but would love to hear your tanking build, if you have time. I've set notification on this post to notify me by e-mail so I can be sure to get your response because building a kick ass Ambassador is my top priority. Thank you sir.
Here is my Ambassador build:

Front Weapons: 3 Fleet Phaser Beam Arrays Mk XII, 1 Fleet Photon Topedo Mk XII

Rear Weapons: 3 Fleet Phaser Beam Arrays Mk XII, 1 Fleet Photon Torpedo Mk XII

Equipment: Very Rare- Positron Deflector Array Mk XII (Ast)(EM)(HS), Jem'Hadar Engine Mk XI,
MACO Resilient Shield Arry Mk XII

Consoles: 1 Rare-Neutronium Alloy MK XI, 1 Rare-Field Emitter Mk XII, 1 Very Rare-Field Emitter Mk XI, Assimilated Module, 2 Rare-Field Generators MK XII, and 3 Rare-Phaser Relays MK XI.

You can choose to have whatever weapons you like depending on the type of damage results you're looking for.
Captain
# 86
02-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercode123 View Post
I need some help with the Ambassador build, it has very low dps even with full mark 12 borg weapons that are antiproton, with upgrades to them and sci embassy consoles that adds plasma procs to them, I get mostly below 80 dps with them, and cannot break a 8 thousand crit, I am a Sci officer, Please help me with this build, Because I have the surviving against other starships part down, but not the dps rating.
If you want DPS from a cruiser, you're going to have to trade your science abilities for tactical abilities in your skill tree. I am a Tac Captain in a cruiser, I get decent survivabilty and moderate DPS with my Ambassador Class.