Captain
Sooo , just to recap the last hour :

- Tholians and Borg invade ESD !
How awesome is that ?!?
But it get's better !
It happened ... on the Tribble Test Server !

Yeah . The same server that almost no one is on right now .
Because ... I dunno , ppl are looking for stuff to do in the actual game (on Holodeck !) , to celebrate .
Yeah ... , it's a STO life . if you try to make sense of it , you're head might explode .

- Then we get an "Emergency Restart" . After we had maintenance today .
Oh boy .

- Then we're told (via the [Admin] channel ingame) that there will be a Q/A session @ Drozana w/DStahl .
Cool .
I hope you'll be able to see him (and him you) through all the balloons .
(trust me , I've been @ Drozana today and it was not pretty)

- Then less the 10 minutes before the "Emergency Restart" , the [Admin] channel encourages us to patch up Tribble .
No reason given .

But ... rumor has it that Branflakes has been Tweeting stuff .
I suppose that's great for all those who follow him on Twitter .
My humble bet is that over 50% of the player base does not .
Good for those who don't follow him then , huh ?
You betcha !

-- At this point , would I go too far if I'd suggest that Cryptic TRY to have an ingame event or two that do not involve more PR sale's pitches and hype in the form of "information will be coming soon(tm)" on whatever DStahl will be asked , and instead try to have event's that actually take place on Holodeck -- say every 3-4 hours or so ?

Is that honestly too much to ask on an Anniversary celebration ?

Time will tell .
The last hour was certainly educational .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...

Last edited by aelfwin1; 02-01-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
02-01-2013, 02:59 PM
And let's not forget the lag! I was loading Sol System map at 1% every 15 seconds, then bootedfor connection time-out. Swell.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 3
02-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
And let's not forget the lag! I was loading Sol System map at 1% every 15 seconds, then bootedfor connection time-out. Swell.
Well , to be fair , according to DStahl (this time on the [REDALERT] channel) -- this restart is supposed to smooth some of the lag issues they've been having .

I'm not holding my breath .
For a company that habitually "forgets" that they indeed do need more server space @ their Anniversary events and @ their new content releases ... , well what can be said really .
3 Years and nothing learned ?
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...