Community Moderator
[8:35] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Good afternoon everyone - and Happy 3 years to STO

[8:37] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: I wanted to hop on here to apologize the for the downtime over the last 24 hours - the engineers are tracking down some networking issues this week - we are almost out of the woods

[8:39] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We may be able to spring for some more Dietary Supplments

[8:43] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: The amount of Dilithium players are earning per day is higher than it has ever been...btw

[8:43] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We will consider fused gear along with other crafting ideas when we re-look at crafting in a future update

[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Crafting is not in the May update - it is after

[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Tarantula - wow that would be crazy

[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Borg ships - that could be sometime later this year

[8:45] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: The term "Season 8" is dead to me - the next update is bigger than a season

[8:47] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: There is an update in May but I've stopped calling it Season 8 - it is something different

[8:48] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: May release will have a name - has not been revealed yet

[8:49] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We aren't talking about what is in the May update yet. Sorry but no spoilers allowed (yet)

[8:49] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: It would be great to see some ideas on the forums about how to make First Contact Day awesome

[8:50] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Ruins of Kunark - hahaha nice one

[8:51] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We can't wait to have Denise Crosby back in the studio to work on more episodes with us - that was a blast

[8:52] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Denise is coming back in March to work on more missions with us.

[8:52] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We would love to have more cast members - but it is really tricky with rules

[8:53] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: John DeLancie would be someone we would want to have in if at all possible

[8:54] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Well - they are all "Q" - but it is Q Jr in our game

[8:54] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We'd still like to have John for some episodes

[8:55] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: I don't think you realize how much money my little pony makes

[8:55] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: That is big business compared to little ol' free to play STO

[8:56] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: BTW - we are having our 1st Annual Star Trek Cook Off at work today to celebrate 3 years. We should take pics of the Trek dishes that we made and post them

[8:57] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: we haven't seen the dishes yet - the competition begins at 2:30pm

[8:59] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Bakula would be awesome! We have plans to do some Xindi stuff in a little bit

[8:59] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: little bit = one of our upcoming updates

[9:00] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: I've heard rumor they are working on Suliban but I haven't seen the concepts yet

[9:01] [Admin] Attention Captains: The shard will be coming down for emergency restart in 29 minutes.

[10:13] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Here to answer questions - go ahead and ask

[10:14] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: KDF updates are coming this year - not going to share details yet

[10:14] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Andorian Ship in Feb

[10:14] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Andorian ship might be ship(s)

[10:15] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: There is discussion of Fekhiri story extension, but focus will be on war

[10:15] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Flamethrower is still in qa - needs a few more fixes first

[10:15] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Foundry Spotlight rewards are going to be like normal foundry rewards (aka every mission gives rewards no cooldown) but better than normal foundry - coming in Feb

[10:16] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Specific Costume Issues - I don' thave specific details on each costume - you'll have to email me at dstahl@crypticstudios.com and I'll dig into each

[10:17] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Server Stability = Way more people than we expected (we expected a lot too) and we had to add more power/db streamlines -

[10:17] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: re: Ship issues or specific bugs =- email me directly and I will dig into each

[10:17] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Shield modes - interesting idea - I'll pass it to systems guys

[10:18] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Jem Attack Ship may be back soon - working on details

[10:18] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Ambassador is headed to Fleet Store - not C-Store from what I heard

[10:18] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Cryptic does not handle GMs - that is perfect world sorry

[10:18] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Amb. and Odyssey will be coming to Foundry this year

[10:19] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are discussing more tiers to starbases - no details to share yet

[10:24] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Cryptic does not handle GMs - that is perfect world sorry " What?

[10:19] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We may have multiple ships under you command in space when we hit Fleet Admiral ranks

[10:19] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Inventory space/ship slots is something we are working on for next update

[10:20] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Our next major update is in May - i cannot discuss any details yet

[10:20] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Temporal Ambassador mission will be permanent addition to game - T5 Ambassador is limited time tho

[10:21] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Re: Weapon Stats/Balancing - email me and I'll forward to the math folks

[10:21] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are looking into additional localizations for STO in 2013 - we haven't confirmed which languages yet, but I've heard possibly Portugeuse as a top contender

[10:22] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Customizeable Kits are on the docket for 2013

[10:22] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We will most likely go to Delta Before Gamma

[10:23] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: PVP Updates is after May update

[10:23] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Server was down to add more capaity for the shard

[10:23] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We have more REps on the way - PVP, Tholians are two at top of list

[10:24] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: T3 Ambassador will be available indefinitely - T5 limited time

[10:24] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: It is a personal goal to get factions to where they need to be - I've said this for years and you'll just have to wait and see

[10:25] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are considering a kickstarter model for ship designs - just discussions at this point

[10:25] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Re-Trait is in the works - Re-Species is a possibility but we haven't finalized that part yet

[10:26] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Our Fleet is at Level 3 and grinding like the rest of you

[10:26] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Fleet Marks for PvP is a distinct possiblity

[10:26] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Re-Trait will allow you to reset traits and or add more than before

[10:27] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Jem Attack Ship is coming soon - working on details now

[10:27] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Crafting is most likely end of 2013 or early 2014

[10:27] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: New UI that Thomas the Cat is working on is a reskinning and reLCARsing of existing UI - improving - not replcaing

[10:28] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: For bugs, issues, costume comlplaints, etc - email me I don't have all bug status in my head

[10:28] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Yes we are going to 6 day work weeks at least for next two months - we have a lot to do

[Continued] Part 2/3 (click) and part 3/3 (click)...

Mostly complete transcript found here: Click to view alternative thread.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.

Last edited by kalecto; 02-01-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Copied the post here too Sorry everyone! I thought he was going to be in Zone chat. Thanks, kalecto, for the transcript!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 3
02-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the post!
Lieutenant
# 4 borg ships in the federation
02-01-2013, 02:22 PM
really lol that will be interesting if you wondering what i am talking about is the convo from dastal saying borg ships sometime this year in a lockbox
Community Moderator
# 5
02-01-2013, 02:22 PM
No problem, he talked more after 3 minutes past the hour, but it was just relating to the emergency maintenance and he said he'd be on Tribble throwing a 30 minute party but I logged off after that...
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
No

Please, all that its good and holy, no.
I'd rather see them as a playable race than have federation and kdf captains flying around in the alpha quadrants arch enemy's vessels.

That is just my opinion, one I feel strongly about.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Well, we got conquered by the Dominion, suppose Borg is the next "logical" step? CBS approving this is a bit weird really. Makes the entire excuse of "no T5-Constitution" moot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
NO , better add vulcan/andorian/telarite ships instead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Captain
# 9
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Ok, so Denise will do some voiceovers for Cryptic again, presumably as 'Sela' and the update in May is going to be bigger than every season before. Doesn't sound like it's just going to be some FE.

Romulan faction, here we come. I will march beneath the Raptor's wings.
Lieutenant
# 10
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
they will make tons of money with borg ships and that's why they will do it