Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
Hello Captains,

This weekend, we will be interviewing Star Trek Online Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera for our next installment of Priority One Podcast! We would like to invite you to post questions you would like for us to try and ask.

Did a recent "Ask Cryptic" Question get you thinking?... Got a question about upcoming ships?... Not sure how to fly that Ambassador?

Post your questions here and we'll do our best to get them answered!

-------------

Don't forget, Captains --- You can subscibe to Priority One Podcast via iTunes or by using your favorite RSS catcher. Just visit:

feeds.priorityonepodcast.com

or

iTunes

------------

Would you like to join the Priority One Team? We've got two positions open for Audio Editors to help produce our weekly shows! If you're interested, send us an email to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com Get involved with the STO and greater Trek Community like never before!

Thanks
-Elijah
Associate Producer // Host
priorityonepodcast.com

Last edited by elijahmre; 02-01-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
02-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Try asking about the new warp core slot that's being added to ships that Mr. Stahl mentioned recently.
Rihannsu
# 3
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Geko, what is the seekretz to yer awesome?

Where have you felt Star Trek Online needs the most improvement in 2013 and what are your plans?
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Captain
# 4
02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
-Deleted by user-

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 02-02-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Rihannsu
# 5
02-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Oh. It appears the third anniversary event has been a spectacular success and more success is yet to come. What are your thoughts on all this? Has it been a long time coming? Is stress off your shoulders?
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Career Officer
# 6
02-01-2013, 04:03 PM
I've heard rumors that Fleet Starships are intended to eventually become more customizable. Would this come in the form of additional ship parts for our existing variants, or the ability to mash together parts from all sorts of variants to create entirely new ship designs?
Career Officer
# 7
02-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Probably too many questions, but, here goes anyway..

Hi CaptainGeko,

1. Daniel Stahl recently commented that there has been some discussion about potentially exploring a kickstarter approach to funding some ship designs. What are your personal thoughts about this type of financial backing for projects, and do you think the idea may hold some potential for future STO ships and even game content?

2. Following on from the recent release of the Dominion line of ships, is Cryptic growing concerned with the prevalence of non-faction specific ships? Specifically, whether or not, they have begun to compromise each faction's unique IP ship identity. I would personally be inclined to believe that starfleet and the kdf are transitioning to become more of a merchant fleet of "if it can hold together, then thats good enough".

3. Blowing your enemies to bits as an element of space combat in STO has been praised throughout the years, but there is also a body of players who would like to still engage in combat, but opt to not destroy their foes to resolve the aggression. From time to time in missions Cryptic has designed it so that enemies become and appear 'incapacitated' after a fight. But this is always a unique, scripted behaviour attached to that mission in isolation from the rest of the game. Has there been any further discussion on ways to allow for a broadening of this aspect of 'fighting the good fight' without always having to mercilessly annihilate your enemies, outside of specific missions?

4. Ship and object scaling in STO has been a reoccurring topic these past three years. It has been previously elaborated by developers posting on the forums that the reason for the scale disconnect between small ships (i.e. shuttles) and larger entities has been for the purposes of preserving gameplay, i.e. in order to better see a shuttle next to your Sovereign class starship without it being just a dot. I would certainly understand this rationale if it where not for the fact that the user interface has options to display, by default, HUD elements for all ships in the form of brackets, names and healthbars. If the important information is available no matter the scale, then why can't shuttle scaling fall in line with all other ships?

5. The ship's crew counter and repair mechanic - will this feature ever be revisited by the dev team?

6. Can we expect to see the selection of ships available at Captain rank expanded in the coming year?

Thanks P1, don't feel obliged to ask all of them - or any of them, rofl.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 02-01-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Al - Now that the Ambassador class is finally in the game (A big THANK YOU to the entire team btw, the ship is a blast to fly) will you take a look at the poor Galaxy class and consider bringing it in line with the Excelsior, Ambassador, and both Sovereign classes?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I really like elite STF's. But people are occupied with all kinds of grind, therefore it became increasingly difficult to me to recruit a full fleet team.

Are there any plans to move some of the Romulan marks grind into new STF's ?

Now that the fleet B'rel has been quite a disappointment to me, are there any chances to get a K'Vort ? (preferably with 5 tac consoles in fleet version)
Captain
# 10
02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
There is a lot of pets in the game and they take up precious bank space. Can there be a Pets tab and can there be an in game checklist of the various space and ground sets for our characters?