I like to know what kind of ideas are floating around that can help small fleets with the Fleet System. Like a reduced Dilithium Cost for Projects and Decorative Projects.
With so many Federation Canonical ships and possible future Cryptic ships, we going to see changes to the ship system such as an refit program, so a player could possibility level up with the ship they like?
And there any possible changs to ships themselves so they are more unique than BOFF slots, such as bonuses to armoring (Sovereign, Defiant) or bonuses to Warp Core power (Galaxy) or maybe bonuses to speed (Sabre).
There any plans for Seperate Pet Storage for both Space and Ground pets. Could be a similar system like TOR's?
Why does the team always use K'T'inga skins and not the D7 skin when you specify NPCs as "D7 Battlecruisers"?
With the Foundry:
Are there plans of soon adding missing player ships (Lockbox, Lobi, C-store), new NPC ships, and uniform options in to the Foundry anytime soon?
Any plans of making Neutral Foundry missions that can be shared by all factions?
Any plans of making blank / empty maps for Interiors so Foundry authors who like making customized maps don't have to disguise or use tricks that works around maps?
Any plans in widening Text Boxes like they were originally?
There plans to debug the Foundry, like fixing the issue where in testing that the computer remembers both Space and Ground settings, so they work appropriately when transitioning? And bugs like NPCs falling through custom floors and BOFFs warping?
Think we can soon see maps that give us the option to limit BOFFs?
There going to be new assets added like more Romulan assets to create more Romulan-friendly Missions?
Can we have a Foundry function that allow authors to control the weapons that are used by NPC Groups?
For Example, some of us who want to do Pre-2409 missions (Time Travel, or Holodeck) or authentic Star Trek have the illusion of the mission being ruined with NPCs using equipment that was never seen before the STO era.
Finally, there any plans of us making a Boss Type Encounters without the use of Captain-type mobs?
Last edited by azurianstar; 02-02-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Reason: More Q's
1. Are there any discussions about any kind of career specific progression system(Tac, Sci, Eng) that would open up at max level that would help to differentiate between the three career options a little more and also open up more builds within a career.
2. Any plans for user interface improvements when it comes to carriers and pets? At the very least, icons representing our carrier pets so you easier can see of they are alive or dead would be nice. For example bigger pets can have their own individual icons while smaller can have just one with a number under.
3. Any plans for fleet versions of the Guramba Siege Destroyer and the Kar'Fi Battle Carrier? Feel a little left behind with so many 10 console ships in the game at this point.
4. Do cryptic have any plans in place to try to decrease the number of bugs that end up in the game? I love the game but it's also one of the most bug ridden games I've ever played.
5. Will the "Red Alert" bug ever be fixed? Four out of five times when you click "Red Alert" you end up in a finished game. I've stopped answering red alerts because of this.
In regards to the Dominion lock box. There were two ships missing. The jem'hadar warship, and the jem'hadar fighter (not including the pet).
Can you explain the reasons behind leaving these two ships out? The other lockboxes had a shuttle and the warship in particular is canon over the heavy escort. Will these be added in game at a later date?
This weekend, we will be interviewing Star Trek Online Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera for our next installment of Priority One Podcast! We would like to invite you to post questions you would like for us to try and ask.
1) When will pet AI be reworked? Its current form is a shadow of its former self. 'Functioning' does not equate to 'adequate'. We need a working AI that will allow more control over the pets. We used to have it but it got borked...ironically while trying to improve it.
2) Why is the Fleet VoQuv a tier 5 starbase vessel? The VoQuv is a tier 4 ship.
3) When will science skills get a look? Many science skills have abysmal performance due to the captain skill points giving too low a bonus and there being no ability to 'buff' science skills like tac capt's can 'buff' weapons or engineers can 'buff' ship power levels. For example Tachyon Beam. Pre-F2P when the stats worked properly, it would severely drain a shield. Now it doesn't do much even at III level.
4) Attack Pattern Omega : There are many unbalancing issues with this ability. It grants too many bonuses at once. It needs to be split into 'Attack' and 'Evasive' patterns.
5) Is there any plans to continue releasing Z-store ships? We have not seen one in a long time that is not a trio-pack ship and that is always a cruiser.
Finally, my MOST CRITICAL question. Answer this one at least:
6) Lobi: Account bound. WHEN?
The reason we keep being given is to avoid lobi farming on the once in a year free event. Well then, how about REMOVING that free lobi and making all lobi account bound? Its extremely frustrating to not be able to pool lobi to get the equipment that is needed. Players like myself have ceased bothering to open lockboxes for lobi because of this. This equates a far bigger loss in revenue than preventing people from farming lobi once a year in a very long time consuming set of missions.
P1 Team - Thanks for allowing us to ask the questions.
Al, First, I just wanted to say thank you to you and your team.
My Fleetmate loves alot of the ships but Hates the Nacelles and/or Pylons. In the future crafting update, would it be possible to allow for the customization of the ships. For example, the ability to put the Galaxy Nacelles on the Ambassador or the ability to put a neck on the Sovereign or Intrepid.
Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]