Upcomming new KDF kits where mentioned recently, does thos mean Gorndogs may be in the KDFs future?
On that note, Season 8 has been said to have a focus on the KDF (if only in part), will we KDF fans be able to have hope that the hatchet between the fanbase and Devs can finally be buried and growth towards completion will arrive?
Beam Arrays are currently greatly unloved by much of the fanbase, are any of the ideas from the forums (or ideas in general) gonna be used to fix them so they are less scorned?
How happy are you with cruisers and the games quasi-trinity roles of ships in genera?
PvP, any good plans in the works?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Are there any plans to justify the existence different factions? What gameplay mechanics could you employ to take into account a split playerbase? Dan Stahl once mentioned a territorial control-type gamemode (I suppose something similar to PlanetSide 2), is something like this possible or at all interesting to you? It might play into the endeavor to unify sector space into one large map. It's a war only in name, I feel. Thank you for all the work you do on the game!
Last edited by crunch2600; 02-02-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Was NPC damage or strategies changes in the last patch? As an example, I am set up as a tanking engineer running a cruiser; I was able to work my way slowly through single player Elite missions with rather decent success prior to 2/2/2013. Now I am literally dying in 3-5 seconds on the first group of enemies I encounter in both space and ground missions. The way the game feels now - the Elite difficultly simply should be renamed to 'Impossible' or simply removed altogether from single player missions as an option.
I have few questions which I hope will be answered.
1. Would the Dev be considering having a Flight Sim mode in addition to currently Arcade mode in STO? I see that there are many bridge station designs for so many ships available, but it's only cosmetics and players cannot fully enjoy it. Take for example, Odyssey bridge is big and beautiful, but I hardly visit it. Having a flight sim mode in STO (for example in a modified STF, enemy encounter in sector space, or story mission) would greatly enhance STO game play and brings STO closer to the realm of Star Trek the movie/TV series.
2. Would the Dev reconsider the scaling of ships? I was expecting the Jem'Hadar Dreadnaught to be much bigger, but its current size is about identical to Odyssey, except the fact that the Dreadnaught has a wider body. Having the size of Dreadnaught 1.5 longer than the Odessey and twice as wider than the Odessey would be more likely.
3. Would the Dev provide alternative interiors for all lockbox ships as well as skins? I truly miss the trophy racks onboard my Odessey because JH Dreadnaught has nothing inside. In fact, the bridge is awfully small, tend to induce claustrophobia, and cramp on my feet since there is nowhere to sit on.
I'd like to thank you in advance for answering these question. Long live STO.
Will it ever be possible to customize enemy equipment with the foundry? We can tell our own stories, but without this ability we'll never be able to create interesting combat situations too. All we can do is add generic trash mobs the players has faced hundreds of times before. This is pretty much what keeps me from using the foundry (and from becoming a Neverwinter founder). I understand this would be conflicting with automatic level scaling - so give us an option to disable scaling and let us make hand-tuned missions for VAs only.
2. There is a regular stream of new uniforms through events and lockboxes. But what we've been lacking for the longest time are new options for the lower body, boots and skirts/pants. Are there any plans to introduce new custome parts aside from uniforms anytime soon?
Hope these questions will make it into the show, thank you Priority One team for hosting this.
Are there any plans to re-vist ship roles and the ability of each of the ship classes to achieve objectives either by adding alternate objectives or boosting the capabilities of the ships? Right now everything seems to be a DPS race where escorts become the obvious winner. The supposed tankiness of cruisers not only seems a bit lacking at times but also seems utterly underutilized, while science powers seem to have less of an effect against npcs with every update meaning they are no longer capable of closing the DPS gap and have had their crowd control aspects marginalized.
Is there a chance of getting a set that benefits Tholian ships in much the same way the Jem-Hadar set benefits Jem-Hadar ships and the Galor, or the Ferengi set having an additional bonus on the D'Kora Marauder?
Is there a possibility of getting Elite Fleet Deflectors in the regular Neutrino, Tachyon, Positron and Graviton flavors, or the new Fermion and Axion in non-fleet versions?
Last edited by raptor63549; 02-03-2013 at 04:54 AM.
When is the Gamma Orionis Defense Accolade going to be fixed, all other sectors have been fixed but this one. Many of us would like to finish it please.
Can we ever expect to see an Aegis Set that will be on par with the other sets and not tied to lobi crystals, neural processors or reputation marks? You could reintroduce the Delta Flyer crafting mission and particle traces to upgrade them.
Oh, and Warp Cores? Please?
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
4 Year Veteran Beta Tester
NO TO ARC!!!
1. I've talked to a number of people who agree with me that the "ship explosion" event, when you're defeated in space combat, is pretty jarring to the sense of immersion. While some things nothing can be done for, others (such as this) CAN have something done for them, e.g. have the ship burning in space instead, or replacing it with a short-warp graphic as your ship is blasted and falls back for repairs, or something. It also has an interesting idea for a new mechanic akin to the ability to revive your allies on the ground.
As such, has there been any talk of changing this? I have only heard one "official" thought on this that I can recall, and they (Stahl, I believe) seemed to like the idea, so I'm hoping you guys will consider it.
2. I'm fairly certain that this question has already been asked, but I have been unable to find an answer. Has there been any talk of a scripting language for the Foundry that might allow for more complicated situations to be put together, or a finite state machine or something along those lines?
Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!