Career Officer
# 41
02-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Basically, the PWE Marketing folks do their job, which is to sell and collect feedback on the product.

But I think Cryptic needs internal marketing to make sure the product being designed is the optimal product to sell (whether the "product" in this case costs money or not) and that the product is handled in a way that doesn't turn people off from buying.
Commander
# 42
02-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purvee1 View Post
2 ships and a Mission in over a year. And the two ships were the anniversary ships...

Of course you knew what I was going to say before I said it.
Really, I could have sworn that they added an entire sector block, 2 ground mission zones that make the Defera Invasion look like a closet and several missions on said zones and in said sector block.
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
02-03-2013, 11:03 AM
I like how every post about Romulan content has people assuming that if they are working on Romulans then they cant be working on KDF.

It makes more sense that all the new Devs they hired are working on both at the same time.

They said they are overhauling the faction system. This leads me to think there is a faction team separate from adding missions for KDF.

If you are going to complete the KDF faction and standardize it to match the FED side. Then all that is left to do when adding new factions is missions skinned in said factions flavor. So you have a Missions team and a Factions team. Magically they can do both KDF and Roms at the same time.

This also makes sense as to why KDF took so long to be brought up to speed. They didn't have the teams for it and until the overhaul on how factions work. The couldn't complete the KDF. Now that the ground work is laid down. Adding new factions is a snap (relatively).
Empire Veteran
# 44
02-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
B - they simply dont care about the rage. They know the teaser page is going to make people think there is going to be a Romulan faction, but they are just fine with letting people get the wrong idea only to be disappointed later. This would essentially be trolling the community.
No, they care about it, or at least they think that giving the right answers at the right moment will disarm the bomb. Because there is no Romulan faction for season 8. They gave enough hints on what season 8 will be right after the release of season 7 to be absolutely sure about that.

It's not trolling, it's marketing.
Career Officer
# 45
02-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Well i think it's pretty silly to expect MORE from Cryptic than what they already announced for Season 8 .... last time i checked we got LESS for 7 Seasons now ...

So even if they're gonna announce a Romulan Faction for Season 8 (which they didn't) all you'll probably get in the end is a Reman Lockbox ...

Last edited by thutmosis85; 02-03-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Rihannsu
# 46
02-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
. Because there is no Romulan faction for season 8. They gave enough hints on what season 8 will be right after the release of season 7 to be absolutely sure about that.

It's not trolling, it's marketing.
Except there is no longer any 'Season 8' what probably happened is PWE told them to take whatever they were doing for what was supposed to be 'Season 8 and Season 9' and combine them into some giant 'Expansion' like Dstahl is saying and release it at once and then go back to seasons. Why? Probably because of all the complaints about there not being any new content on the forums.
Career Officer
# 47
02-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
like Dstahl is saying and release .
You might wanna compare Stuff Dstahl said for the last three years and what really happened ... just wondering why Dstal didn't declare World Peace by now ...
Career Officer
# 48
02-03-2013, 01:58 PM
There will be NO Season 8 At This Time..., according to Dsthal.

There's going to be something Wonderful and Large released, which will be added to the game come May.

But, it's so Marvelously, Overwhelmingly, Indescribable, that for us to comprehend it, we'll just have to wait and see it.

...or something like that...

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Rihannsu
# 49
02-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
You might wanna compare Stuff Dstahl said for the last three years and what really happened ... just wondering why Dstal didn't declare World Peace by now ...
Sure, it could very well turn out to be just smoke and mirrors. Though, they've never gone out and done some big thing like this 'March Under' website teaser for any of the other seasons before that I know of. Whatever they're doing, they're putting a lot up. If they don't deliver, then it's on their heads.
Career Officer
# 50
02-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Sure, it could very well turn out to be just smoke and mirrors. Though, they've never gone out and done some big thing like this 'March Under' website teaser for any of the other seasons before that I know of. Whatever they're doing, they're putting a lot up..
They did ... one year ago ... 2800 Return Wallpaper (which was just an FE not even a Season) ... pretty much the same ...

Quote:
If they don't deliver, then it's on their heads
Wouldn't be the first time ... except this time they didn't even promise anything ... it's just a Wallpaper ... there is absolutly NO word on Romulan Faction ...

Last edited by thutmosis85; 02-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.