Lt. Commander
# 1 Was that it...?
02-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Was two missions all that you could come up with for the 3rd Anniversary Celebration? Somehow I expected a little more then that... its taken weeks to do two missions which could have been knocked together in the foundry. I mean, not complaining about the mission itself, it was ok, Denise was a nice touch.

But... why just two missions?
Rihannsu
# 2
02-01-2013, 10:36 AM
i guess you really cant please everybody. that was probbly the best, most star trek mission they have made

its an anniversary event, not an actual season of FE chain.

and please feel free to knock that together in the foundry any time you like.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Ensign
# 3
02-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Also, its not like this is the only thing they've been working on lately. I'm sure their plates are full with content upcoming in May which they won't tell us about...
Career Officer
# 4
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Keep in mind that for Year 1 Anniversary, there were NO missions.

Then for year 2, they introduced the concept of having a mission during an anniversary, with the Q Daily plus the little thing to get the Odyssey.

Then, for year 3, they expanded that even more, and gave us a full-fledged special episode mission, featuring new voice acting, new game mechanics, and a well thought out story line, for a pretty lengthy well defined mission.

I have seen evolution over the past 3 anniversary's. Each year has gotten better. Once you understand this, and compare each, you will discover this truth.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Captain
# 5
02-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
not an actual season of FE chain.
Do they still make those?
Republic Veteran
# 6
02-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Because that's what they said they were going to do...did you not read ahead they said a new FE nothing about a chain of them for the event.
Rihannsu
# 7
02-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Do they still make those?
yes. Considering Season 7 was a couple of months ago, and season 8 will apparently not only see the return of FE but its meant to be their biggest season yet, to the point they are calling it more of an expansion.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 8
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
yes. Considering Season 7 was a couple of months ago, and season 8 will apparently not only see the return of FE but its meant to be their biggest season yet, to the point they are calling it more of an expansion.
What Cryptic hypes, and what they deliver, are typically two very different things.

That being said, the anniversary mission this year is head and shoulders above the "kill 10 rats, here's your ship" mission that was handed out last year.
Career Officer
# 9
02-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
Keep in mind that for Year 1 Anniversary, there were NO missions.

Then for year 2, they introduced the concept of having a mission during an anniversary, with the Q Daily plus the little thing to get the Odyssey.

Then, for year 3, they expanded that even more, and gave us a full-fledged special episode mission, featuring new voice acting, new game mechanics, and a well thought out story line, for a pretty lengthy well defined mission.

I have seen evolution over the past 3 anniversary's. Each year has gotten better. Once you understand this, and compare each, you will discover this truth.
I don't always agree with you, but in this case? 1000% yes
Captain
# 10
02-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Also, voice acting aside, that mission could NOT have been created in the Foundry with the tools we currently have access to.

There are many things done in that mission that are impossible to do during the foundry, from seeing the Enterprise C on the outside, to flying the C with it's on BO's and special equipment already setup, to changing your ship to a freighter, your uniform, to having your BOs appear as NPCs like that, and more.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----