Commander
# 1 Romulan faction in May???????
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
I keep seeing stuff about a romulan faction available in May at season 8.
Is this true?????
anyone know for sure????????
Career Officer
# 2
02-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
I keep seeing stuff about a romulan faction available in May at season 8.
Is this true?????
anyone know for sure????????
Only the people at Cryptic know and they aren't talking yet.
Ensign
# 3
02-02-2013, 12:52 AM
i dont think anyone knows for sure. they are hinting rather heavy though.
Career Officer
# 4
02-02-2013, 12:53 AM
no one knows for sure. don't expect it. these are the only hints i'm aware of (besides: "will you march?" tweet by branflakes and "next update bigger than just a season" -statements from dstahl, some others...)

http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013 (move over the writing with mousecoursor)

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Be...aptor%27s_Wing

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 02-02-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Commander
# 5
02-02-2013, 12:55 AM
The officials have not said anything hard, just a cryptic announcement.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Career Officer
# 6
02-02-2013, 12:57 AM
The hints seem to suggest as much.

Keep in mind, a lot has been said before the teaser that would suggest otherwise. Some more realistic and/or pessimistic types point out that Stahl has repeatedly said that Romulans would not happen before Season 8, and that plans at the time revolved around a new Adventure Zone on Nimbus and an FE.

However, it's worth pointing out that since the teaser has been released, Stahl has not repeated his "no Romulans before Season 8" line. In addition, he has stopped referring to it as a "season" altogether, but as "something bigger".

Cryptic likes to use the disclaimer "plans change", which usually means to expect delays and disappointment. Personally? I think, or my gut says anyway, that this may be one time plans have changed for the better.
Career Officer
# 7
02-02-2013, 01:03 AM
The thing that concerns me that if this really is teaser really is a Romulan Faction in May, then what of the KDF faction being completed?

Or is May going to be a double whammy with the KDF being finished and the Romulans getting a faction at the same time?
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 8
02-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
The thing that concerns me that if this really is teaser really is a Romulan Faction in May, then what of the KDF faction being completed?

Or is May going to be a double whammy with the KDF being finished and the Romulans getting a faction at the same time?
well... at least that would be something bigger than "just a season" i guess ... but i'd not bet on. in my eyes stahl has been kind of... getting more quiter lately referring kdf. nothing more than: "i'm fighting for/want it/made my answers" i heared recently on this (could understand if he'd just be bored about the ongoing questions ). may others heard something more specific/positive? gl all of us

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 02-02-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
02-02-2013, 04:00 AM
It's Highly Likely. They've said that the next big update wont (so much) be thought of as a 'Season'. It's going to be big, and it's going to involve the Romulans. I only hope they don't let everyone down.

I remain optimistic.
Career Officer
# 10
02-02-2013, 04:04 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!

It seems that way!!!!!

MIGht just be a grab-bag though!!!!!

Don't get your hopes up too soon!!!
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports