Commander
# 11
02-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maziken View Post
Author tagging with moderator oversight would be the ideal solution, I think. Allow the authors to tag their missions and then have moderators ocassionally glance through the list, reading reviews, to see if the missions are tagged appropriately.
Disagree strongly with moderators. its too open to cliques and corruption
Leave nerfing to the professionals.
Captain
# 12
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
I'd say before going without mods, though, we would need a long test period on Tribble--and the results of that test paid attention to and actually incorporated into the final product--to ensure that the results of community policing are what is expected under the new UI.

One other question to be taken into account during the testing period--and as someone who hasn't really played on Tribble, I think it bears asking: do the economy and community dynamics on Tribble actually serve as an accurate predictor of how things are going to play out on Holodeck, or do things tend to play out differently on Tribble? (I.E. is the average Tribble player indicative of the average Holodeck player?)

(That is NOT intended to suggest anything good, bad, or indifferent about players on either server--only to suggest that player behaviors could well be different with those who are active Tribble testers.)
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Rihannsu
# 13
02-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Community policing accomplishes the same thing, but with the added potential for sockpuppetry.

EDIT: Let's please continue the discussion in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=537351 -- I'd like to keep everything in one place so that feedback on this subject is easy to find for those that I pass it along to. Thanks for understanding. -Brandon
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Closed Thread