Career Officer
# 71
02-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Aside from science even a six year old (outside of the American south anyway) knew was bad, JJ Trek was pretty much on par with the old action oriented Trek movies. Just with more flash.

Trek fans hate everything introduced into Trek until they no longer have a chance to hate it. TNG was reviled when it started and only universally loved when it ended. Trekkies are the original Unpleasable Fanbase.
really? all the trekkies I knew actually loved it.
The only thing I remember EVERYBODY hating was those stupid 1-size-too-small uniforms in the first two seasons.

Remember the interview on The Captain's Summit (hosted by Whoopi...) where Frakes said he came to a point where he actually couldn't stand it any more, and ripped the uniform off of his body....?
Roddenberry was good at creating the scripts et.c., but he didn't understand jack **** when it came to actors. He didn't understand that if the audience sees that the actors are uncomfortable, then the audience will be uncomfortable as well.
Commander
# 72
02-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Starfleet Cadet Hat

Looks Imperial Japanese circa WWII.

Kinda out of place since I never seen Starfleet personnel with headgear before until JJTrek made it sewn.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Commander
# 73
02-06-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
yeah......those DID seem kind of weird. Especially when coupled with the red uniforms. But i couldn't place the familiarity...
I edited my earlier post with the link to the tiny Starfleet symbols on the uniforms.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Captain
# 74
02-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
no oddly enough Klingons with their battle prowess are modelled after Greeks, specifically Spartans... i think... i could be wrong.
Dominion i have no idea... Romulans definitely modelled after Romans though
I'd say Klingons are based off Spartans and Samurai, Jem Hadar are probably based off the samurai, be cause samurai believed they were already dead, which is the Jem Hadar point of view in trek
Starfleet Veteran
# 75
02-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
Those were TV series and Star wars never made any as there were 6 of TMP 4 TNG and 1 JJ.I have't heard a thing about JJ doing stars wars movie.

They CBS will never bring Trek of the TNG era back.It is CBS not Paramount you should write to.You won't get the attention on this site as of V down there.The Head Admin wrote to Mr Redstone himself and got reply back but it is all on that V site.

We having been covering everything Trek for 11 years now.
You are missing the point!
I WANT A BRAND NEW CAST, A BRAND NEW SHIP IN THE (BEST) ruddy PRIME UNIVERSE

Disclaimer : Capitals for emphasis and are not shouting

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Rihannsu
# 76
02-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven2378 View Post
I'd say Klingons are based off Spartans and Samurai, Jem Hadar are probably based off the samurai, be cause samurai believed they were already dead, which is the Jem Hadar point of view in trek
Nah, I'd go with the Vikings and Mongols.... The TOS KDF did a lot more looting and pillaging than most Samurai and Spartans would be comfortable with.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 77
02-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Aside from science even a six year old (outside of the American south anyway) knew was bad, JJ Trek was pretty much on par with the old action oriented Trek movies. Just with more flash.

Trek fans hate everything introduced into Trek until they no longer have a chance to hate it. TNG was reviled when it started and only universally loved when it ended. Trekkies are the original Unpleasable Fanbase.
Most "dedicated" fans seem to be. Any change of any kind is automatically "bad". You should hear some of the nerdrage inspired by the last two alien movies. It's pretty much the same as what people said about Nu-Trek.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 78
02-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertiewooster View Post
it may be like star wars, but it feels a bit more realistic so I don't mind.
Hell if they made it more like Star Wars in 1979 TMP might be more liked than it is and not called The Motionless Picture.

Quote:
The biggest thing I disliked about the latest film was lens flares in every single shot.
Well Abrams did say he was going to tone that down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luridxdawn View Post
As a relatively new fan to the series, I am curious to hear what many of the long time fans of the Trek franchise dislike so much about JJ-Trek. And I mean honest, detailed complaints. I don't want broad "It was bad" I want to know specifics, because, honestly, I enjoyed JJ-Trek, in fact it is probably what got me interested in going back and getting into it, so I'm really curious to know what the older fans disliked about the film. Again, details, not generalizations.
Mostly it seems to be the TNG fans that don't like it, since most complaints seem to be that the movie doesn't reflect things that came from TNG not TOS.
Captain
# 79
02-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
You are missing the point!
I WANT A BRAND NEW CAST, A BRAND NEW SHIP IN THE (BEST) ruddy PRIME UNIVERSE

Disclaimer : Capitals for emphasis and are not shouting
I ma afraid to say no I ma not as of the costs.CBS can make 10 episodes of CSI for 1 episode of TNG.It is simply a matter of money look at the shows that are out moslty crime dramas and reality TV.Les Moonves is not big on bringing back Trek series.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 80
02-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I ma afraid to say no I ma not as of the costs.CBS can make 10 episodes of CSI for 1 episode of TNG.It is simply a matter of money look at the shows that are out moslty crime dramas and reality TV.Les Moonves is not big on bringing back Trek series.
Every genre has its fanbase. I expect a new Star Trek series would interest quite a lot of sc-fi fans.
Please fix the Foundry lag!