Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Ensign
OK I'm kidding. I enjoyed the short "Temporal Ambassador" episode and liked having Yar in the game.

My only "beef" is that during the mission, when we are freeing the Enterprise C, she states she is disabling the "security protocols". So naturally when we encounter the security protocols/force fields on the gangway to Enterprise C and she starts nagging and going on about the security protocols still being in place and how my character does not know what he is doing, I would just love to tell her, LOOK Blondie! YOU are the one who was taking care of the "security protocols" not me! Clearly you DID NOT know what you were doing or I would not have to be taking care of them now while you whine about it!

I've played the mission 4 times now and the same thing happens each time. Yar says she is taking care of them, then moans and nags like an angry old Yiddish mensch at me because SHE DID NOT GET IT DONE RIGHT!

But seriously, probably just an error on the writers part. Though you would think that in the recording session maybe Ms. Crosby might have said "oh snap" I just recorded dialog saying Yar was taking care of the security protocols! Why am I ******** at someone else for not taking care of them?
Career Officer
# 2
02-01-2013, 04:55 PM
+1... I was never really a fan of her myself and frankly had forgotten about her entirely until this event. I know, sacriligious to most but I was always more a fan of redheads...
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Rihannsu
# 3
02-01-2013, 05:00 PM
I think she was just frustrated at how she missed something...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
02-01-2013, 05:09 PM
yeah the security chief having ago at the clueless science captain about not checking security protocols made me laugh a bit

but what got me worse was the fact that my kdf toons were behind the helm of some federation ship?

Its like the kamarag was just a box for the anniversary
[Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
Career Officer
# 5
02-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Dev's wrote the script......badly, for that gangway escape to the Enterprise part.

Ms. Crosby's wonderful talents could of been better used then making her character from a brave bridge officer who took on Q and won and survived **** gangs and a harsh colonel life to become head security officer of the Enterprise D, to a sulky moaner who blames everyone else but herself. Tasha sound's like a player scorned by non ship lock boxes.

Cryptic, Mrs Crosby is not a money making asset, she's a fantastic actress with talents that are rarely seen, who is willing to make this anniversary work.

Work with her, and just don't use her and abuse her character when it suits you.

Oh, and that Bound To Character ship..................* facepaws *
Never learn..................

LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that this will likely lead to trouble.=3
As I grind through the valley of XP, I shall fear no nerf.
Career Officer
# 6
02-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Despite some of the rare characterization she got during TNG, she always reminded me of a Gwen DeMarco type of character - stating the obvious and facilitating other actor's dialogue. So her coming across as kind of pushy and nagging sits well enough for me.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 7
02-01-2013, 05:16 PM
i think it was more important to the writers of the Episode to place another "47" in her text than it was to make a story that added up.

i found TWO 47's in the mission,
spoiler: the other one was on the registry number of the ... other Federation Starship
Rihannsu
# 8
02-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
yeah the security chief having ago at the clueless science captain about not checking security protocols made me laugh a bit

but what got me worse was the fact that my kdf toons were behind the helm of some federation ship?

Its like the kamarag was just a box for the anniversary
You were fixing a temporal incursion.... They'd have to pretty thoroughly rewrite the mission to change the name of the ship you're flying....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
02-01-2013, 05:33 PM
"LRN 2 LWR 4RSFIELDS NUB!"
qwoeiqwe
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Captain
# 10
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
I think the better question is, why was the only docking access to the Enterprise-C filled with forcefields that had the on/off switch on a console right there?

The answer: because the Tholians were trying to keep something inside the Enterprise, not keep people out.

We've just released a mystery monster back into the universe.