Lieutenant
# 1 Lots of BSoD's and crashes
02-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Since the patch last Monday. Right now it crashed on me and when I try to log back in it tells me there is some sort of cryptic error. Just me?
Ensign
# 2
02-03-2013, 12:14 PM
You're not alone, I've been experiencing the same thing. I made sure the graphics card driver was updated yesterday, but I've still been experiencing numerous problems since the latest patch.

I'm currently using a 'gaming' laptop with an Nvidia 580M graphics card. While I can't say the laptop itself has been error free, I haven't experienced any STO-related specific issues, and I've been playing STO on this rig since May of last year.
Commander
# 3
02-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I had several BSoDs as well, but I'm very certain it was due to my rosewill card reader malfunctioning, I took it out last night and so far I've been bsod free, be sure to double check your hardware and drivers...
Ensign
# 4 bsod
09-06-2013, 03:16 AM
well ever since the newest season came out.... ever time i hit that patch button..... boom blue screened... i already updated my videocard since the first incident and my directx is at its max for now. i have tried every 2 weeks since then and i havent been able to get past the updater. and it happens at random points in the updater. once it got to 97% and boom. just now i didnt even hit 4 mg's and boom. please let me know if there is anything i can do. if you have any helpful info message me please.

ps: it isnt my account. i can log into my best friends computer just fine.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-06-2013, 03:26 AM
If you got loads of BSOD's, chances are it's your hardware.

Do you get any kind of feedback? Most of the time you get an error message, this is also logged in your Eventviewer (if you have W7 or lower; start => run => eventvwr.exe). These are usually called STOP codes.

You get messages like "irql_not_less_or_equal" with an error code like "0xA0000176 0xC0000000".

If you are able to find these codes you will 99% be able to google for it.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Ensign
# 6 Bsod
09-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Guys I need help. When I try to install it blue screens me. After installing and the patch starts, it blue screens after around a minute of the initial patch. HELP!
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredlegion21 View Post
Guys I need help. When I try to install it blue screens me. After installing and the patch starts, it blue screens after around a minute of the initial patch. HELP!
Kinda hard to tell you what is wrong without specific info.

It's like telling me "my car won't start" and expecting me to be able to tell you exactly what is wrong. It could be a variety of things.

As has been mentioned, BSOD more often than not will be hardware-related. The BSOD will give you a code that you can look up to tell you what hardware is affected.

The 3 most common issues from my experience (others may vary) are:
--Memory poblem
--Not enough power/dirty power
--Video card problems (make sure you have the latest drivers).

However, without that code - it's just a shot in the dark...
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
09-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Oh, and if you don't mind..

Create a new topic with describes your problem. You've necroed this one (you are normally not allowed to threads where the last post is older then 30 days, because that is considered spamming...)
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Commander
# 9
09-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Well, it's here either way, so might as well use this one. An interesting side note, that I"ve noticed anyway, is ALL of my BSOD's since the last patch have been on my Rom toon, I haven't seen one on my Fed. Also, the lag has been much worse on my Rom than my Fed as well....memory leak within the Rom faction perhaps?
Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
Commander
# 10
09-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Yet ANOTHER BSOD on my Rom toon, pre-empted by lag, AFTER adjusting the in game video settings to favor Speed over Quality....which removed any lag from my fed toon before that. Starting to see a pattern forming here...
Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
Closed Thread