Lt. Commander
# 1 Screenshots?
01-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Anyone else having any issues getting a screen shot? Maybe I'm over-thinking it but when I try, at best I get a "black" image when I paste into Pchop from doing a prtscr. I didn't notice an in-game key for it when I looked at key bindings.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Pasting a prt scr usually makes a black image with Direct3D programs/video.

I'm pretty sure prntscreen takes a screenshot within the game though. Check your game folder.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 03:23 AM
D'oh ... didn't think about looking for a screenshot folder.

There were a couple in there. Thx.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4z View Post
Anyone else having any issues getting a screen shot? Maybe I'm over-thinking it but when I try, at best I get a "black" image when I paste into Pchop from doing a prtscr. I didn't notice an in-game key for it when I looked at key bindings.
I have the same issue: I use the Windows "Paint" to paste the "print to screen" image to form all games and programs. It has always worked just fine. In fact it worked the first few days of OB ... But that changed and now all I get is a black screen !

What file name in the game would I look under ?

(thanks in advance)

Edit: found it ... NM .. it's just really strange that this is the first time EVER that the paste to "paint" did not work..

oh well ... learn something new every day !
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-26-2010, 08:06 PM
The in-game screenshots that the game produces with the printscreen button are of relatively low quality, being taken in a relatively low resolution (~900x600). The best way to get screenshots is to install FRAPS, take them that way, and then use Paint.net to reduce the space they take up by changing their format and adding some compression (as 6MB bitmap images tend to add up on your hard drive).
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount View Post
The in-game screenshots that the game produces with the printscreen button are of relatively low quality, being taken in a relatively low resolution (~900x600)..
Not true? The screenshots are always the same as the resolution of your game. Sounds like you're playing with the "half resolution" option active.

You can always /bind another key to the "screenshot" command instead of the "screenshot_jpg" command and the screenshots will be saved as TGAs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleMage
Not true? The screenshots are always the same as the resolution of your game. Sounds like you're playing with the "half resolution" option active.

You can always /bind another key to the "screenshot" command instead of the "screenshot_jpg" command and the screenshots will be saved as TGAs.
I stand corrected. The screenshots I was looking at were taken in windowed mode, which the game is occasionally in (usually with homework on the other side of the screen )
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Saved to where? I haven't found the screenshot folder.

I installed the game with Steam, and you know Steam... Doesn't like to tell you where it put things.

bleh.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots
Lieutenant
# 9
09-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Saved to where? I haven't found the screenshot folder.

I installed the game with Steam, and you know Steam... Doesn't like to tell you where it put things.

bleh.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots
Thank you! this was driving me crazy
Community Moderator
# 10 Closing Necro Thread
09-16-2013, 01:19 PM
"Captain! A Necro-class Thread just decloaked!"

"Photon torpedoes, full spread! Phasers, fire!"

"Direct hit, Captain!"

"Mod, send a priority message to Starfleet. We have disabled a Necro. Advise them that this Necro was hidden for more than 30 days before it suddenly decloaked and we had to neutralize it."

OOC: Please don't post in threads that have been "cloaked" for 30 days or more. Start a new one.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread