Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
Decided to make a new klingon engineer to try out the new tutorial missions, which for the record is a vast improvement over the original. However upon entering the Exchange Warehouse to talk to the maintenance guy and fight Nausicaans, I was subjected to a Horrifying noise throughout the mission.

The only way I can describe it is a voice actor doing a high pitched "HoooOOO! HoooOOO! HoooOOO!" noise every minute. I turned of my headphones after a couple minutes to spare my ears (and sanity).

Is that a thing that's SUPPOSED to be there?
Captain
# 2
05-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes - that's the Ferengi clerk on the other end of the warehouse. Approach him and click the "use" button to punch him, and he will be quiet. Or you can be a Feddie wanna be and endure that sound.
Captain
# 3
05-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Should have added an option for the Gorn to "eat" the Ferengi.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Ensign
# 4
05-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Good lord that drove me crazy also until i actually saw the clerk and decked him. At first I thought voice chat was on and someone in my fleet was being an ass
Lieutenant
# 5
05-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Punch the Forengi in the face...no more noise.

Gotta love being Klingon.
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queeg9000 View Post
Punch the Forengi in the face...no more noise.

Gotta love being Klingon.
Oh and doesn't it feel good decking him too. More so than if there was no noise. Nice job Devs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 7
05-23-2013, 06:15 PM
The little guy is just scared of all the freakin' pirates hanging around. Just approach him, and gently, but sternly, help him find his lost honor, the way you would any Klingon, that acted similarly. I like like that J'Mpok finally, "reassigned" the senile, transporter guy who kept beaming me back where I came from, too.

Last edited by capnkirk4; 05-23-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 8
05-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I remember when I first heard that: my out-of-game reaction was 'What the f***ing hell was that!?', while in-game I was focusing on the Nausicaan pirates.

Unfortunately for me, I was late in actually seeing the Ferengi as the source of the noise... but that will no longer be the case
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Empire Veteran
# 9
05-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnkirk4 View Post
The little guy is just scared of all the freakin' pirates hanging around. Just approach him, and gently, but sternly, help him find his lost honor, the way you would any Klingon, that acted similarly. I like like that J'Mpok finally, "reassigned" the senile, transporter guy who kept beaming me back where I came from, too.
By disabling beaming to the academy from the shipyard, now I have to use the First City as a hub to get to the academy both ways rather than just going up.

They need to re-enable the beaming to the academy from the shipyard and give an option at the academy to beam directly to the shipyard.

I think the issue was that technically the shipyard and First City are the same map, I think they really need to separate the two into different maps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 10
05-23-2013, 07:24 PM
LMAO right now. Just completed that mission and I swear, I thought somebody was on chat or something yelling like an a$$. After muting the microphone I then thought the injured Klink was in fact the culprit - and was thoroughly disappointed and dismayed to think a klingon could ever sound that way, let alone actually scream like that.

It wasn't until I stumbled upon the nasty little Ferengi that all became clear to me and yes, punching him was wonderful... but slicing him in half would have been better! Nasty little things, Ferengi's are....
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)