Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 91
02-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
HIja', tlhIngan maH!
Just out of curiosity, what does that mean?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 92
02-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
"Ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat".
Push the Devs to create some fed missions that allow the individual fed player to realize that Undine have infiltrated to the very top of the UFP and the KDF was right afterall
This would facilitate a Section 31 mission can both allow the fed to apoligise and petition the High Council to work with KDF forces to fight the greater enemy.

Do the same for the KDF but from the PoV of our side of things.

Tie it all together so it makes sense to the playerbase instead of the forced storyline that wehave now.
Thats my beef with it. It has no good story and was forced upon us, this co-op against the greater foe. Forced after the KDF tried get feds in from the begining and where rebuked.
Forced upon us and given a fed flavor as if it was thier idea all along.

Meh, it needs a rewrite.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 93
02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Do I want to see this game present a Peace between the Empire and Federation?

No, I would like instead to actually see all the deeply interesting and complex insinuations found by scouring this game's BACKSTORY brought to the forefront and fed to us over the first 20 levels of our Faction, instead of, well, nothing.

This is a bit like asking if we would prefer to go to Kyoto Japan or stay at home for vacation and do local Japaneesy things for 2 weeks, after reading up on Japan and Kyoto for 3 years.

Hey, yeah we can go do all that stuff when we finally have enough saved away, or, you know, get to go to the Japanese market here in this state for a few weeks, but do it right now.

No, thanks. I'd rather keep saving and eventually go to Japan... er... I mean get to actually SEE this war we keep hearing about.

(Kyoto is amazing, by the way, and so much better than just schleping to the nearest Mitsuwa Market - though Mitsuwa does feel a lot like the Japanese supermarkets I've been in)
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Empire Veteran
# 94
02-06-2013, 11:49 AM
In one way I can see peace as being a good thing as it means more people in the pool to do STFs and other group stuff with , especially for us poor Klingons.

On the other hand though no, so many nos in fact. There needs to be a actual war first not this farce of a ''war'' we have now with a few instanced zones and Kerrat. Plus as others have said the only thing stopping the KDF from getting rolled into a sub faction of the Federation while every Starfleet captain and his targ are flying round in a bird of prey or a Negh'var.

Add meaningful content to the KDF so its actually worth playing them from a story perspective and so the faction can level up from 1 like the Federation, tidy up the whole mess that is the KDF and Fed combined story line of the Undine infiltration and add in some actual PvP with a decent meta game like territory control for example.

So tldr version: while I can see some benefits of peace I feel it would be the last nail in the coffin of the KDF as a independent faction.

- Formerly Captain Zipa, lifer that recently returned.

Last edited by zipagat; 02-06-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Forgot signature.
Captain
# 95
02-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Peace with the feds? Now why would we want that... Instead I say extend the warzones! Turn all of the eta eridani block into a giant battlefield! Fed and KDF NPCs fighting constantly, players able to join in and slaughter each other, and constant attacks from NPCs from both factions at all times!

Ex. I enter Eta Eridani, start to make my way to drazona. Suddenly a neg'vhar decloaks in front of me and I enter a loading screen. I drop out of warp and find myself suddenly in the middle of a fight with a dozen Klingon ships. Then fed reinforcements drop out of warp and we all fight until all of one side is dead. If you win, you get the choice of hanging around and fighting reinforcements or leaving. If you lose (yes, LOSE), you are captured and you have to fight your way out of a Klingon brig, and then you can warp out after beaming back to your broke-#$% ship.

Also if they implement this, you should get rewards for winning (ECs, bonus expertise, loot, whatever), and if you lose, well that's your problem

Alternate: drop out of warp into a fight already going on between fed and KDF ships. Join in the fun. Reinforcements show up for both sides and a real fight gets going. Note: both of these examples are applicable for both fed and KDF players. Winner is last side standing.

Another idea: have special zones where there is constant fighting between fed and KDF ships that you can warp in, and NPCs spawn every two or three minutes, and the spawns are random and designed to compensate for existing situation (i.e. if the KDF ships won and there are no fed ships around, the next fed spawn is larger and has more powerful ships so that balance can be restored, and vice versa). Also have random dreadnought spawns (i.e. Vo'quvs, Bortas, Odysseys, Jupiters, etc). You get loot after you leave (determined by how many spawns you survived/stayed for, but have a cap so players don't just stay there unless they want to fight)

Turn the warzone into an actual warzone! Screw this peace bull-crap!
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 96
02-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Doubtful any still exist on the High Council. Tests where run and according to the STO backstory at least one whole house was destroyed in the process and wiped from its place on the council.
Perhaps they infiltrated the High Council after the tests were run. I'm pretty sure that one or two of the Councilmen are Species 8472, just like Admiral Quinn is (I have operatives in ESD)

Anyway, I continue to stand by my original statement, make everyone choose for themselves who their enemies are!
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Empire Veteran
# 97
02-07-2013, 04:21 AM
The Klingons are not the type to let that happen. I am sure everyone has to undergo screening at random intervals.....unless you are one of those annoying ass Rpers who either rewrites or ignores the STO storyline to suit your own purposes. Don't get me wrong I like rping I just hate the ones who do that.
Career Officer
# 98
02-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
Perhaps they infiltrated the High Council after the tests were run. I'm pretty sure that one or two of the Councilmen are Species 8472, just like Admiral Quinn is (I have operatives in ESD)
The Klingons are not the Psychlos from "Battlefield Earth", who only checked every couple of hours on the man-animals with a picture-cam.
Remember this line from DS9: "Klingons are obsessed with blood screenings" ?
They'd be even more vigilant with this enemy.
Empire Veteran
# 99
02-07-2013, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooiue View Post
This was asked and answered during dstahls Q/A the other day.

So that basically means, something has to happen first before the Klingon Empire accepts peace. Makes sense to me

And I for one don't want the peace to end, for storyline and/or gameplay reasons
Exactly. There needs to be story to back it up. Story wich the KDF has little of at all.

I would prefer a cold war setting to it, with the individual players making some sort of cease-fire decision based on story from ingame instead of a imposed peace for the sake of ease of creation.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 100
02-07-2013, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
The Klingons are not the Psychlos from "Battlefield Earth", who only checked every couple of hours on the man-animals with a picture-cam.
Remember this line from DS9: "Klingons are obsessed with blood screenings" ?
They'd be even more vigilant with this enemy.
Without a doubt. Yet the KDF has a poorer Undine story line than the feds to enjoy. Thats a shame. We need story before the talk of a cease fire can exist. Peace though would most likely never happen as the Klingons would most certainly see the feds inability to police thier on command staff and populace against Undine spies as a weakness that may never be overlooked.
Closed Thread