Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 121
02-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Now wheres the fun in that? My Orion wouldnt be able to "inspect" federation transports for "dangrous" cargo..*evil giggle*
Captain
# 122
02-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
The reason is that by getting rid of that on going war but keeping the rivalry and the drive to expand and compete for territory while allowing factions to do content together it creates more opportunity to develop original story arcs. It also means Cryptrick cannot say KDF is only x% minority group while Federation is the 70% majority so we will only develop 1 side. It will force them to develop the whole 100%.if you see my meaning.
QamvIS Hegh qaq law' torvIS yIn qaq puS
Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 123
02-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
QamvIS Hegh qaq law' torvIS yIn qaq puS
Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.
(Swings Kahless Shard bat'leth, cutting bloctoad off at the knees,)

I am never on my knees, son. Don't confuse the fantasy of role playing a Klingon with the reality that we are playing a game and dealing with PWE and Cryptic business people with their own agenda. My idea just might help fix all the KDF neglect everyone been whining about.

(Then delivers the coup de grace with a boot to the head)

Have fun on you knees. Qapla'!
Just say no to ARC
Empire Veteran
# 124
02-07-2013, 08:12 PM
He's not really on his knees if you cut them off.
Captain
# 125
02-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
He's not really on his knees if you cut them off.
He cut off the other guy's legs below the knees. So the knees are still there, they just double as feet now.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 126
02-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Sorry I misunderstood what he said.
Commander
# 127
02-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
Peace with the Federation. This old question again?

First, the war has not been fought. Few here even know what a war between galactic hegemonys means. War means diplomacy continued by other means. To win a war each side has to invade space, a vast area without real barriers, destroy their enemies resources and will to wage war, kill their ability to resist, and occupy and HOLD whole planets and control the populace, forcing them to assimilate to new ideologies from alien species.

This game is not set up for this. There is no means to destroy infrastructure, take access to dilithium, the petroleum of Star Trek, from the enemy, take and hold planets, permanently kill players and their ships, wipe out populations.

Peace or war with the Fed is pure story and hyperbole. All I know is when I am playing my KDF toons I want to be able to team with friend playing either side.

Opening up play would take away Cryptics argument of KDF player population being a minority and may increase pressure on them to generate more real content.

The view of the KDF is too bound up with being the "bad guys". Klingons are a race. They did not become a star faring race by being a bunch of idiots. They farm, research, build houses, have cultural events, and live by laws and the best code of honor in the game. The best warrior mentality in the game. War is not meant to last forever. It lasts until one side or the other achieves their objective or both sides find no more reason to fight. After that sides return to regular daily life.
Most of your post is spot on... until you talk of the need for conflict resolution and your preference for playing with feddies. You can always unlock the feddie klingon slot and live long and prosper while the KDF battles on.

To me, all this talk of story is what makes STO feel flat. We should be playing a GAME of conflict, diplomacy, exploration and politics... not stuck in some interactive e-book or wannabe-TV show.

Since we have no real economy or true military objectives to concern ourselves with, rl reasons are moot here. Same could be said for peace. We have no GDP or public opinion polls to worry about.

As for regular daily life, a warrior of the KDF is expected to fight or be getting ready to do so. Peace is just that nasty and ugly little break between wars.

P.S.

Canon and lore present the KDF as the UFP's main adversary. Gene Roddenberry always intended the KDF to be the "bad guys" so we are not self-appointing that.

Also, appreciate what you wrote about farming, researching, building, etc. Most people fail to consider the Klingons as a culture. Am a Science officer who thinks of nothing beyond doing my part to defend the Empire. Be that it in the laboratory or in combat.

Funny how the feddies honor their "warriors" but derogates ours. At times, double standards and smugness seem to be hallmarks of the UFP as much as honor and the way of the warrior are for the KDF.

P.S.S.

Can't see crpytic getting us to 100% content-wise as the feddies. Starting off at lvl 1 might be good for new blood but the real wannabe Klingons will suck it up, xp and join us. Endgame is there before you know it and not everyone has a case of altitis.

As a PVPer, just want to see more and true conflict representative ingame. I do not wish to dissuade you from having fun playing with your feddie buddies. Me, I would much rather kill them.

Oh, well. Cryptic will do what it wants irregardless what any of us thinks... unless it is a feddie posting so peace is more than likely coming due to that.

If peace does happen, there is no point for me to even be here and am sure others feel the same way. My bridges are ready to be burned is all I truly know.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-08-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 128
02-08-2013, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
To me, all this talk of story is what makes STO feel flat. We should be playing a GAME of conflict, diplomacy, exploration and politics... not stuck in some interactive e-book or wannabe-TV show.
I'm going to take this quote to add it to my sig for now. Because we completely agree on this point.
Commander
# 129
02-08-2013, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I'm going to take this quote to add it to my sig for now. Because we completely agree on this point.
Glad we can agree on what counts! My words are yours.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Captain
# 130
02-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
Most of your post is spot on... until you talk of the need for conflict resolution and your preference for playing with feddies. You can always unlock the feddie klingon slot and live long and prosper while the KDF battles on.

Since we have no real economy or true military objectives to concern ourselves with, rl reasons are moot here. Same could be said for peace. We have no GDP or public opinion polls to worry about.

As for regular daily life, a warrior of the KDF is expected to fight or be getting ready to do so. Peace is just that nasty and ugly little break between wars.

P.S.

Canon and lore present the KDF as the UFP's main adversary. Gene Roddenberry always intended the KDF to be the "bad guys" so we are not self-appointing that.

Also, appreciate what you wrote about farming, researching, building, etc. Most people fail to consider the Klingons as a culture. Am a Science officer who thinks of nothing beyond doing my part to defend the Empire. Be that it in the laboratory or in combat.

Funny how the feddies honor their "warriors" but derogates ours. At times, double standards and smugness seem to be hallmarks of the UFP as much as honor and the way of the warrior are for the KDF.

P.S.S.

Can't see crpytic getting us to 100% content-wise as the feddies. Starting off at lvl 1 might be good for new blood but the real wannabe Klingons will suck it up, xp and join us. Endgame is there before you know it and not everyone has a case of altitis.

As a PVPer, just want to see more and true conflict representative ingame. I do not wish to dissuade you from having fun playing with your feddie buddies. Me, I would much rather kill them.

Oh, well. Cryptic will do what it wants irregardless what any of us thinks... unless it is a feddie posting so peace is more than likely coming due to that.

If peace does happen, there is no point for me to even be here and am sure others feel the same way. My bridges are ready to be burned is all I truly know.
Well, I don't know what to tell you about your views. As back and forth with diametrically opposed views in the forums is completely useless, thank you for your opinion and best of luck with that.

This isn't about sides. No matter what faction you play it is really about they players.

Gene Roddenberry did a poor job developing the Klingons and the KDF. In TOS they were basically a bunch of space pirates in tights as a foil to a bunch of space navy heros. They were dishonorable space thugs and goons that no reasonable person could possibly take seriously. The Klingons did not gain any credibility until a couple of the old TOS crew movies and TNG. if you think that my assessment of Klingons needing a society from which to grow and develop into a star faring race is wrong you are absolutely unequivocally incorrect.

I play KDF because I identify with their warrior code and their sense of honor. My fleet is tier 4 and well into tier 5 and is a great group which a prefer. But your obsession with making this a faction based hatred and polorization does nothing of value.
Just say no to ARC

Last edited by tancrediiv; 02-08-2013 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Accidentally posted while incomplete
Closed Thread