Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Commander
# 131
02-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
Well, I don't know what to tell you about your views. As back and forth with diametrically opposed views in the forums is completely useless, thank you for your opinion and best of luck with that.

This isn't about sides. No matter what faction you play it is really about they players.

Gene Roddenberry did a poor job developing the Klingons and the KDF. In TOS they were basically a bunch of space pirates in tights as a foil to a bunch of space navy heros. They were dishonorable space thugs and goons that no reasonable person could possibly take seriously. The Klingons did not gain any credibility until a couple of the old TOS crew movies and TNG. if you think that my assessment of Klingons needing a society from which to grow and develop into a star faring race is wrong you are absolutely unequivocally incorrect.

I play KDF because I identify with their warrior code and their sense of honor. My fleet is tier 4 and well into tier 5 and is a great group which a prefer. But your obsession with making this a faction based hatred and polorization does nothing of value.
You said your point many times over... now you have the audacity to say that the creator of Star Trek didn't do his job well enough. Hehe. K. Have fun with that.

TOS, with it's KDF vs UFP, was social critique on the Cold War. You know what the Cold War was, right? NATO vs Warsaw Pact? USA vs USSR/ China?

Wiki says about Kingons:

"As originally developed by screenwriter Gene L. Coon, Klingons were darkly colored humanoids with little honor, intended as an allegory to the Cold War tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union, though Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry did not aspire to any political parallels."

The KDF was Starfleet's main adversary in TOS and, as such, they been making appearances quite consistently throughout the life-span of the franchise.

Heroes versus thugs? You work in politics? Maybe you should crack a history book while re-examining the roots of Star Trek. Also, you just contradicted your earlier post about their farming, building, researching, etc... but that was all done after they did a hard day's pirating, first. Yeah.

I more than agreed that Klingons come from a culture which has it's own merits as warriors and as a race which was spacefaring long before humans. I never considered them to be less-than intelligent or brainless makers of violence. Quite the contrary and I base my opinion from what I saw of them in TOS.

Well, good on you for having an almost Tier 5 fleet starbase but that has nothing to do with lore and the reasons of why we fight as KDF.

Hatred? Am sticking to lore and RP for my PVP, you have fun with PVE and your feddie buddies.

No point in discussing things further.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-08-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Career Officer
# 132
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Know Undine, no peace.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Captain
# 133
02-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
You said your blah blah blah.
Develope some reading and analytical skills and use logical argument instead of making everything a personal attack.
Chingachgook told me, Don't try to understand them; and don't try to make them understand you. For they are a breed apart and make no sense.
Captain
# 134
02-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
(Swings Kahless Shard bat'leth, cutting bloctoad off at the knees,)

I am never on my knees, son. Don't confuse the fantasy of role playing a Klingon with the reality that we are playing a game and dealing with PWE and Cryptic business people with their own agenda. My idea just might help fix all the KDF neglect everyone been whining about.

(Then delivers the coup de grace with a boot to the head)

Have fun on you knees. Qapla'!
Your idea eliminates faction distinction rather than solves the problem, chief. What we need is a unique resolution to the story arc not the routine copy and paste job.
All cloaks should be canon.
Starfleet Veteran
# 135
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I'd rather the Federation/Klingon war just became a cold war, it would fit the game better any way.
Empire Veteran
# 136
02-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post
I'd rather the Federation/Klingon war just became a cold war, it would fit the game better any way.
I agree, they had a war then went to a cold war in TOS, then they became allies. Now they go to war again, think its time for it to get chilly again.
Captain
# 137
02-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post
That's basically what I suggested. Keep all the rivalry and competition for territory, resources etc. writers can then develop more varied story's.
Chingachgook told me, Don't try to understand them; and don't try to make them understand you. For they are a breed apart and make no sense.
Career Officer
# 138
02-08-2013, 11:37 PM
I say "No peace in our time, once more unto the breach!"
Marok vestai toQgul-Kurkura
Commander
# 139
02-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Develope some reading and analytical skills and use logical argument instead of making everything a personal attack.
Personal attack?

I been shooting from the hip in here and am being pretty straight forward.

Debasing the words I have written in this discussion as to one slinging less-than subtly veiled insults is not proving your point nor does it detract from my standing by what I have said already.

Quote where I have done so. Actually, it serves no point and does nothing to add to the topic at hand so do not bother. I agree to disagree and any further banter is just that.

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-10-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Commander
# 140
02-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
I agree, they had a war then went to a cold war in TOS, then they became allies. Now they go to war again, think its time for it to get chilly again.
First, let's have a war and then you can fully have my aggreeance.

Playing 5v5 grab-ass in the queues was not much of a war, tbh.

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-10-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Closed Thread