Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 181
06-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Frankly, YES.

There is simply no need for the 'war' to continue. By the end of the playable episodes, it's clear that everyone realises that they were played - why would they indulge those who set said events in motion by continuing a war that someone else wanted them to wage?

And that aside, with the introduction of the Elatchi, and the potentail that using the Iconians would entail, I (personally) don't see the need to rely on the tired and dragged-out Fed-Klingon war storyline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Instead of asking the question "Why are players doing this?"

The question being asked is, "How do we stop players from doing this?"
Ensign
# 182
06-10-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't see how peace would impact me at all... when I cruise around from mission to mission its not like Klingons jump out and attack me or anything.

Frankly I would prefer if I could be attacked in subspace as I travel between systems because it would make the game more enjoyable. Right now I can travel anywhere with impunity.
Empire Veteran
# 183
06-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvalecortez View Post
That's joke is bad and you should feel bad. Should I feel bad for knowing it? I think so. Come, let me buy you a drink and we can feel bad together.
Lol. That joke evidently crosses all racial barriers. I guess all males of any species have made that "promise" at one time another in the throws of passion.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Captain
# 184
06-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Oh yes, ...new cities, homes in the country, ...your woman at your side, children playing at your feet. And overhead, fluttering in the breeze, the flag of the Federation. Charming.
And on the other side of the border, the flag of the Empire. I don't see the problem.

I don't think anybody's suggesting the Klingons join the Federation. Just a peace treaty, like they had during TNG.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured ... the first thought forbidden ... the first freedom denied ... chains us all irrevocably."
Empire Veteran
# 185
06-10-2013, 12:00 PM
You would be surprised at the amount of people that have actually suggested that the KDF do just that using the flimsy excuse of the Daniel's timeline. In reality they just want our ''op'' ships.

That said one way or another Cryptic need to get the hell on with this supposed war or end it with the reformation of the Khitomer accords. There is even story potential there with both sides as well as the RR knowing that they are being played like Data's violin by the Iconians. Which also ties in the unresolved undine stuff which is also down to said Iconinan meddling.
toDuj 'oS rol.

Last edited by zipagat; 06-10-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 186
06-10-2013, 12:41 PM
We'd may as well be "at peace".
They have all our consoles, cloaked ships...let's merge and get it over with.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Empire Veteran
# 187
06-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Declare peace, combine the PvP queues, and jointly agree to destroy necro-posting!
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 188
06-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Actually, why not? We already started the Samurai-viking thing. May as well as end it all with special feature episodes, where a great house alliance ruled by "outsiders" and actively traded with foreigners ended up overthrowing the existing government and "restored" the emperor, modernizing the empire.

And just in case that sounded like some fantasy stories, it's called Bakumetsu. The House of Mortok and House of Grilka can easily stand in for Satcho alliance, which does started out as Seii elements but ended up being more friendly to foreign powers.
Captain
# 189
06-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
And on the other side of the border, the flag of the Empire. I don't see the problem.

I don't think anybody's suggesting the Klingons join the Federation. Just a peace treaty, like they had during TNG.
If ya hadn't already noticed there's already too much peace in the universe, you can travel almost anywhere without being attacked by anyone. If the devs actually say the 2 factions will be part of a peace treaty MANY missions will have to be remastered from both factions as well as many random encounters.

It's bad enough that a few of the new KDF missions still call me a Federation captain , I won't bother playing at all if the universe is put into a perpetual kumbaya moment (excluding the Romulan lapdogs for each faction). I can find better ways to put myself to sleep.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Empire Veteran
# 190
06-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

Except it gpes against the current setting of the game.
The feds and KDF are at war, albeit a slow one, over events fostered by the KDF, feds and Iconians.
That is the setting in which the player enters and exists as they rank up through thoer respective factions until during the course of the stories the individual player learns the truth. We are all pawns in an attempt to divide and conquer are quadrant.
In that knowledge the player teams with others of all factions and does what needs to be done, even if the people they work for are still caught in the big deception.

We started as the eager soldier and end up the knowledgable leaders saving the day.
Unfortunately they built the story up too slowly and while we where already here.

Our bad luck is that we already knew the ending before the meat of the story csme along.

Our factions fight. We players have the option to choose as we fit as we save the universe.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Closed Thread