Republic Veteran
# 21
02-03-2013, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
The Romulans won't give you cloaks. The Klingons won't give you capes. Maybe, just maybe, --if you ask really nicely-- the Feds can get a hoodie.
We don't need cloaks or capes......we haz capz!
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 22
02-03-2013, 02:47 AM
There was treaty singed long ago that states that Feds would not develope any cloaking Tech as long as the Klingons did not cross in to the neutral zone.

Klingon did not alway have cloaking ships back in the mid 23C they didn't have cloaks.It wasn't untill the late that they did and most of those were installed on BoP.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Last edited by age03; 02-03-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2013, 04:45 AM
think its only fair the feds have em too...
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Both the Galaxy X and Defiant come with standard cloaks.

We can't have Battle Cloaks because it would "dillute the uniqueness of the Klingon Faction."
Having federation player flying around in carriers was also going to "Dilute the uniqueness of the Klingon Faction." until they realized pay to fly Fed cruisers were a gold mine. During P2P we (feds) were constantly complaining that the carrier gave the Klingons a huge advantage and it all just fell on deaf ears and constantly given this line about "keeping Klingons unique." Well I think we all see now how much they actually care about that.

Expect a Federation battle cloak in a lockbox or lobi store within the next year.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
02-03-2013, 05:03 AM
How about giving the Feds. a new technology that would enhance their current abilities of cloak detection? Or a new tech. that will improve cloak detection by itself?

That way we could make the players who observe the cloaks as a crucial advantage content and keep a bit of cannon in STO as well.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 26
02-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Here's a quick note for all you whiny Federation captains.

There is no unique content available to the KDF anymore. You have sucked all the good stuff from us after griefing the boards since launch. 5x more Federation content is not enough. You need to have it ALL. Maybe we should start whining how we want all your Federation items, ships and clothing. Bet that would shut you up.

There is a reason the factions were supposed to be different. Now we have Federation players ((The goody two shoes faction, remember. )) with Bio-Neural Warheads (( And bragging about it. )). How screwed up is that?

They should just end the war so everybody can be exactly the same. Because it just looks funny for a Federation captain to run around with KDF specialized equipment on their ships.
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

Last edited by thebumble; 02-03-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 27
02-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I'm not going to argue about why Feds shouldn't get cloaks, especially battle cloaks this time. Instead I'll ask some question:

What purpose would Federation ships getting a cloak or battle cloak serve? What enhancement to your gameplay would it add that you are lacking currently? From a PvP standpoint, if a lot more Fed ships got cloak, then would you have no problem allowing Klingons to have the same number of de-cloaking and cloak-detection options the Feds do now? If you only want any ships to have a BC, are you willing to give up a considerable amount of hull and shields to keep it similar to a BoP? If no to the previous question, are you then ok to let the BoPs get back a good portion of hull and shields in order to stay balanced as compared to Federation ships?

I have more, but that seems good enough for now.
I will point out that technically there are no science vessels that can cloak.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Career Officer
# 28
02-03-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
How about giving the Feds. a new technology that would enhance their current abilities of cloak detection? Or a new tech. that will improve cloak detection by itself?

That way we could make the players who observe the cloaks as a crucial advantage content and keep a bit of cannon in STO as well.
Technically, we have that, but the ship is far enough behind the times, that not many fly the nebula. Then the Exter's console, is somewhat dubiously useful.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino