Captain
# 11
02-02-2013, 09:32 PM
There is the elusive bridge officers to captain system that has been mentioned by the devs numerous times. So that system could make any former bridge officer into level 30 since they were already commanders and now they are official captains. It doesn't make sense for them to start at the tutorial.

As far as leveling any character to 50 instantly. Whats the point? The game is too easy to level to 50 especially with the doff system. i think I got an alt to 50 with some doffing and doing the academy dailies.
Empire Veteran
# 12
02-02-2013, 09:36 PM
OP,
Why not just ask for button that says "I win", rains all the best items down upon you and makes every NPC in the game bow down before you?
The grind sucks becuase the game has a very disjointed story on the way up and that makes for boredom.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Republic Veteran
# 13
02-02-2013, 09:38 PM
I levelled an alt using the patols. I ran around and did as many patrols as I could. When I no longer had any to do (due to not being a high enough level), I activated a skill boost and turned them in at once. I went from level 24 to 35 in a flash. Then started the patrols again.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 14
02-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I levelled an alt using the patols. I ran around and did as many patrols as I could. When I no longer had any to do (due to not being a high enough level), I activated a skill boost and turned them in at once. I went from level 24 to 35 in a flash. Then started the patrols again.
I got a character to Commander levelling hmi solely on exploration missions that granted Diplomatic XP. (And the actual diplomacy missions). This was back when they introduced diplomacy and I wanted to have a dedicated diplomat.

When they introduced DOFF stuff, I began working on a character who gained XP only from DOFF stuff. He's hit level 16 before I took a break from the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
As long as you can reach max level just by doing story missions I don't think it's necessary. However some players would like Cryptic to make it longer and harder to level up, and in that case I could see a reason to have an instant leveling item. But I hope they don't make changes to leveling just so they can monetize it.
Empire Veteran
# 16
02-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Once you hit DOffing level one never needs another mission again to hit level cap.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 17
02-02-2013, 10:21 PM
I have no idea how it's even possible to not be level 50 by the time you finish that insanely long opening KDF chain with the FEDS. Unless you do absolutely nothing else, in which case... for the love of God, why?

I think I maxed my KDF character in 2 weeks doing nothing but dailies and DOFF missions basically.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 18
02-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Once you hit DOffing level one never needs another mission again to hit level cap.
I've tried that. Takes forever.

Less time is cluster missions only. Also takes forever.

Patrols are faster but you run out of systems before you can get to a new rank and have to supplement it with clusters, missions, and doffs.

Story missions are the zippiest path, but after the tenth time you start to sicken of B'vat. On the upside, those Klingon Front missions give big heaps of XP if you skip them and then go back and do them at higher levels.
# 19
02-03-2013, 03:01 AM
You can get an XP boost from Q while he is here and then there is your doffs which will do it on no time.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
02-03-2013, 03:51 AM
I leveled four alts, 2 fed, and 2 klinks doing nothing but the mirror universe event. took me less than a week each.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=