Starfleet Veteran
Hello there!!

I'm not primarily a KDF player, but I do have a few KDF Alts (and yes, I'm a bit of an Altaholic, with at least TEN different characters).

Anyway, I've come up with a bit of an idea which would greatly increase the number of KDF Playable Shuttles, seeing as how they only have three compared to the large number of Fed Playable Shuttles.

My idea is this: Just like the KDF allows its officers to fly ships from its Vassal States (the Gorn, the Orions, and the Nausicaans), they should also allow their officers access to shuttles and other Small Craft from those Vassal States.

Gorn would have the Fighters you sometimes see from NPC Gorn these days, and it would be similar for the Nausicaans. For the Orions, however, you'd have playable versions of the current Hangar Pets available to Carriers and Flight Deck Cruisers: Interceptors, Slaver Ships, and Marauding Force Shuttles.

No real idea as to the stats for any of those ships, but I'm definitely thinking this would help the immersion factor. Plus, Fighters/Shuttles are really cheap in the C-Store, which would give people more options for supporting the game, without needing to spend all that much.

So, what does everyone think of this idea? And what stats would people like to see on Orion, Gorn, or Nausicaan Small Craft if this idea was implemented?
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Commander
# 2
06-22-2013, 03:47 AM
Seems like an interesting idea!

I'd like to see a playable S'kul Fighter to go with the Kar'Fi and an Orion Interceptor (other pets probably aren't an option due to limited abilities, not exactly the best idea in the world to around draining peoples power with the only weapon you have on a flyable power siphon xD). Gorn and Nausicaan shuttles could work indeed as well

Sadly, I doubt we'll see any more KDF exclusive Shuttles, I don't think they sell well at all
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
06-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooiue View Post
Seems like an interesting idea!

I'd like to see a playable S'kul Fighter to go with the Kar'Fi and an Orion Interceptor (other pets probably aren't an option due to limited abilities, not exactly the best idea in the world to around draining peoples power with the only weapon you have on a flyable power siphon xD). Gorn and Nausicaan shuttles could work indeed as well

Sadly, I doubt we'll see any more KDF exclusive Shuttles, I don't think they sell well at all
You're forgetting Orion Slavers--those things have some decent abilities in their Pet Form (Disruptor Beam Arrays, Mines [Photon for basic, Quantum for Advanced and Elite], plus the ability to capture Crew from enemy ships, and steal Energy Credits and various Commodities), so they'd make decent Shuttles in my book. Heck, it might even be a bit Overpowered for a Playable Craft, but I still think it'd be a nice little ship to be able to fly.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Commander
# 4
06-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
You're forgetting Orion Slavers--those things have some decent abilities in their Pet Form (Disruptor Beam Arrays, Mines [Photon for basic, Quantum for Advanced and Elite], plus the ability to capture Crew from enemy ships, and steal Energy Credits and various Commodities), so they'd make decent Shuttles in my book. Heck, it might even be a bit Overpowered for a Playable Craft, but I still think it'd be a nice little ship to be able to fly.
Indeed!
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
06-22-2013, 08:23 AM
I could stand behind an idea like this. It would be nice to have shuttles from the non-Klingon KDF species and actually wouldn't hurt if some of them are new designs even, not only the current existing carrier pets.
It's logical to have this, I mean the species that made their own starships like the Nausicaans, the Orions and the Gorn would have some kind of shuttles on their ships, wouldn't they?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 6
06-22-2013, 11:23 AM
The KDF needs more shuttles in general. I was just looking through our small craft options on the wiki, and we have less than half the Federation options. The Federation has 7 shuttles/fighters that are above the 'standard shuttlecraft' offered at shipyards. They are the Danube, Yellowstone, Delta, Captain's Yacht, Tal'kyr, Peregrine, Stalker, and Aeon Timeship . The KDF has 3, the DujHod Chariot, To'duj fighter, and Rozhenko Timeship.

The Federation has two 'species styled' fighters/shuttles (Caitan Stalkers, and the Tal'kyr support shuttles), along with the 5 other above-standard options, including the versatile Danubes and Yellowstones.

So, getting things like the S'kul fighter, Orion Interceptors, and 1-2 other new designs would be nice. Whether Cryptic will actually do so. . .that's another issue entirely

Last edited by timezarg; 06-22-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Captain
# 7
06-23-2013, 04:29 AM
We are still missing a Ferasan and Lethean ship so I don't think we're seeing any more small craft until we get those two. But I like the idea. Perhaps playable Interceptor will come with the ability to look into the enemy's inventory and ship equip and be able to take one unbound item from them every 5 minutes.
Click here to view my DeviantArt!