Captain
I haven't used the Borg set in a very long time so I wanted to see what it was like these days.

Using all 3 pieces gives you the "Multi-regenerative shield array" set bonus. Except combat logging suggests that it doesn't actually scale to your level. The ability triggered twice during an 8 minute fight, and both times it restored 300 to all shield facings plus 90/second for 3 seconds. That may be fine for a Miranda, but my shield strength is nearly 8000 points...

So is this an exciting new bug, or is it meant to be basically negligible.
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
uhmm i was having this problem not playing all the time these days i would like an answer to this aswell
Career Officer
# 3
02-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I haven't used the Borg set in a very long time so I wanted to see what it was like these days.

Using all 3 pieces gives you the "Multi-regenerative shield array" set bonus. Except combat logging suggests that it doesn't actually scale to your level. The ability triggered twice during an 8 minute fight, and both times it restored 300 to all shield facings plus 90/second for 3 seconds. That may be fine for a Miranda, but my shield strength is nearly 8000 points...

If you had gotten the Borg set prior to the Reputation system (added in Season 7) - it became a MkXI set. If you didn't have the set prior to Season 7 - as you gain Omega Rep - the ability to obtain the gear unlocks, and you can now get MkX, MkXI and MkXII versions of the set (and all other Borg space and Ground sets) - but for the set bonus, all your items must be tenh sa,me Mk level, thus, most players I know wait until they hit Tier 5 Omega Rep bofore they start spending on the Borg sets as you just need to buy them once at MkXII.

But, yeah, not a bug with the new Rep system in place.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Commander
# 4
02-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Seems perfectly in line with a "bonus". It's not going to be as strong as an active ability like Emergency Power to Shields or Science Team (and if it was at any point, that's bad balance).

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Commander
# 5
02-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Maybe it's meant to be stacked with similar effects, such as the T4 reputation passive (can't recall if it's new romulan or omega)?
Captain
# 6
02-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
If you had gotten the Borg set prior to the Reputation system (added in Season 7) - it became a MkXI set. If you didn't have the set prior to Season 7 - as you gain Omega Rep - the ability to obtain the gear unlocks, and you can now get MkX, MkXI and MkXII versions of the set (and all other Borg space and Ground sets) - but for the set bonus, all your items must be tenh sa,me Mk level, thus, most players I know wait until they hit Tier 5 Omega Rep bofore they start spending on the Borg sets as you just need to buy them once at MkXII.

But, yeah, not a bug with the new Rep system in place.
... We're talking about totally different things, I think. The set works fine, its basic stats scale properly. It's a Mark XI and all the set bonuses show as being active.

My issue is that the multi-regenerative aspect of it seems underpowered and I'm wondering if that's by design. The 2-piece bonus "Autonomous Regeneration" kicked in 5 times during the battle and it healed a quite useful 2621 hitpoints for 10 seconds each time. Compared to that 300+90*4 shields is laughable especially when the only time it ever activates is when you desperately need shield strength i.e. thousands of points, not 300.

If it's SUPPOSED to be borderline ineffective, then there's no point in using the 3-piece Borg set and I'll just move on. I'm merely seeking clarification whether it's performing like it's supposed to.