Career Officer
# 2
02-03-2013, 11:49 AM
not sure I'd enjoy playing at 10% regular speed :/
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi Captains,

As you may have seen, there is a login queue at this time due to the amount of players wanting to jump in to play. Gold members (LTS/ Monthly Sub) still have priority, per the F2P matrix, and are let in first. All players are getting in after a short wait. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 4 Problem logging on?
02-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Anyone have problem to actually beam into the game? I am at the login.. but when I try to get in with a toon... it says something about a que.
Lieutenant
# 5
02-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoav160 View Post
Really? On a Sunday afternoon? I would like to see STO be able to do this How EVE Online Dealt With a 3,000-Player Battle and not a busy signal.
What are you complaining about, A que means the game is doing good and has players playing, would you like to have it where there is 0 players online and just you?
Good luck doing that stf mission then lol
Captain
# 6
02-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alax2011 View Post
What are you complaining about, A que means the game is doing good and has players playing, would you like to have it where there is 0 players online and just you?
Good luck doing that stf mission then lol
Actually it just means the same as every other time new content launches...

That people are coming into the game, to check out changes and get free stuff, then be gone again in 2 weeks.

No big deal either... Its the same pattern every time new content with time limited rewards is released.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Commander
# 7
02-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Actually it just means the same as every other time new content launches...

That people are coming into the game, to check out changes and get free stuff, then be gone again in 2 weeks.

No big deal either... Its the same pattern every time new content with time limited rewards is released.
It's the same in all MMOs though, including the two 700lb gorillas in the room.

If they were releasing new content on this level with free ships and weren't getting old players coming back to play it even if it is just for the two weeks, then I'd be worried.
Commander
# 8
02-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoav160 View Post
Really? On a Sunday afternoon? I would like to see STO be able to do this How EVE Online Dealt With a 3,000-Player Battle and not a busy signal.
You do realize EVE Online uses dirty tricks to handle 3,000 players in one region, and TiDi slows down time in that shard so that every single player's running the game at around 10 or less frames per second, making 3,000 player battles baely playable, right?

This means MORE people are playing STO, which means the game's healthy, relatively speaking. More people playing means we get to see more content down the road. Be happy we got full servers. Be patient and wait a bit.
Commander
# 9
02-03-2013, 01:28 PM
What bugs me is you enter a que just for switching characters, wtf.

I am already logged in ******nit.
Career Officer
# 10
02-03-2013, 01:35 PM
I got into a que at 16 of 584...

Took about five seconds for it to pop me in at that point.

I Like This Game !!
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Closed Thread