Ensign
# 1 Transfer a Character
02-03-2013, 01:50 PM
I wish there was a way to take a character from one account and put them on another. I thought you could do that. I do not wish to share the account with my brother and plus I heard it was against some rule or something, I did not wish to break a rule, he just started and he is Lt. Commander and he does not want to have to start all the way over and have to do all those missions again.
Captain
# 2
02-03-2013, 02:16 PM
The only character transfer I know of is to copy your character on the main Holodeck server to the Tribble test shard.

I personally see grounds for misuse if a L50 character from one account was transferred to another - imagine all the gold farmers who could sell ready-made L50s to newbies, instead of the latter enjoying the journey for what it's worth.

The climb to L50 actually isn't long, as most people can reach it within 1~2 months of semi-intensive play. Or, if you can spare the cash, buy lots of XP boosts on his account.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Ensign
# 3
02-03-2013, 03:25 PM
My brother is just Lt. Commander. He made his character when I first got the game at launch and now he wants to be able to play and reach 50 on his own account without doing all that over again. I really hope Cryptic can help, it is not like I am looking to cheat or break rules I just want me and my brother to play on separate accounts with his character that he has already.
Career Officer
# 4
02-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Bad news... no transferring like that.
Good news... it's only a Lt.Commander.

Redoing up to LtCom shouldn't really be that big of a hardship. Leveling is fast in STO.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Ensign
# 5
02-03-2013, 03:31 PM
yeah I know. If I can just convince him to make a new account. That is the only thing.
Career Officer
# 6
02-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiluskalile View Post
yeah I know. If I can just convince him to make a new account. That is the only thing.
Tough love time... change your account password.
And/Or delete his toon.
It's f2p, making a new account isn't hard.
The sooner he gets his own account the sooner he gets back up to Lt.Cmr
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Ensign
# 7
02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
I would be deleting it after he makes a new account anyway, but I don't want to delete it without letting him know.
Captain
# 8
02-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiluskalile View Post
I would be deleting it after he makes a new account anyway, but I don't want to delete it without letting him know.
Yes, it's a good idea to speak with him beforehand, explain to him what the rules in the EULA state regarding accounts and character transfers.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Ensign
# 9
02-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I have talked to him and he understands why, I made him an account where he can start over with a new character. It will not take him long to get back to LVL 18 LT. Commander.
Captain
# 10
02-03-2013, 03:48 PM
If he has saved costumes or non-bound gear, he can easily (and legally) mail them to his new account in-game.