Ensign
# 31
02-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I agree with more KDF content, or at least a re-write of all the KDF (Shared FED) mission dialogue so it's consistent.

Hey, I'd even be okay with re-using a few Federation costume packs for the KDF, like the Bajoran and Mercenary gear. Another idea is, make the species-exclusive costume parts like the Orion and Nausican gear available for all characters, or at least the Alien option.

It's rehashing the little things, yes, but it's a start.
Career Officer
# 32
02-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Forgive me for not having an answer but I missed the episode about Enterprise-C causing a monumental change to history.
The Enterprise C was destroyed defending a Klingon colony from Romulans, and this honorable act led to peace between the Klingon Empire and the Federation, the key reason why they never went into a war that would weaken both and allow the Tholians to take over.

Every non-Tholian faction has good reason to revert that timeline to the current one.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 33
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
The Enterprise C was destroyed defending a Klingon colony from Romulans, and this honorable act led to peace between the Klingon Empire and the Federation, the key reason why they never went into a war that would weaken both and allow the Tholians to take over.

Every non-Tholian faction has good reason to revert that timeline to the current one.
Ya, I just read the synopsis so it makes even less sense to send a KDF toon to rescue the Ent-C that was snatched by the Tholians before it was destroyed defending the klingon base, averting the war the federation was going to lose.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 34
02-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Ya, I just read the synopsis so it makes even less sense to send a KDF toon to rescue the Ent-C that was snatched by the Tholians before it was destroyed defending the klingon base, averting the war the federation was going to lose.
For what it's worth, the rest of the NPCs in the Temporal Ambassador mission explain that after the Klingon empire conquered the Federation, the Bajorans discovered the wormhole. Which then led to the Dominion coming through and conquering the Alpha quadrant including the Klingon Empire. The little region the FE takes place in is just the space the Tholians negotiated for after the dust settled, while the Dominion ran the Alpha Quadrant. Possibly in exchange for reversed engineered tech.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Captain
# 35
02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
For what it's worth, the rest of the NPCs in the Temporal Ambassador mission explain that after the Klingon empire conquered the Federation, the Bajorans discovered the wormhole. Which then led to the Dominion coming through and conquering the Alpha quadrant including the Klingon Empire. The little region the FE takes place in is just the space the Tholians negotiated for after the dust settled, while the Dominion ran the Alpha Quadrant. Possibly in exchange for reversed engineered tech.
So did the Temporal cops separate themselves from the prime universe before those events ? Because those events didn't take place yet in 2409, how did those NPC's know of them since the NPC's were also from 2409, and since the Temporal cops sent the PC's back to their own time were they themselves guilty of altering the timeline, and possibly changing the Dominions already past events ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lieutenant
# 36
02-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Don't put too much thought into the mission. The writers of Temporal Ambassador didn't. As for the KDF we've already been kicking around the idea of in game protests, and contacting the gaming media voicing our displeasure. Some wanted to wait till the release of S8 before doing anything which is what i'm doing. I'm giving them one last chance to make it right.
Career Officer
# 37
02-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
So did the Temporal cops separate themselves from the prime universe before those events ?
Ships like the Wells from the Temporal Integrity Commission in the 29th Century are protected from changes in the timeline, so they know of the original timeline. Obviously the timeline they protect is the one where they exist.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 38
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
So did the Temporal cops separate themselves from the prime universe before those events ? Because those events didn't take place yet in 2409, how did those NPC's know of them since the NPC's were also from 2409, and since the Temporal cops sent the PC's back to their own time were they themselves guilty of altering the timeline, and possibly changing the Dominions already past events ?
Supposedly, for the FE, the events of "Yesterday's Enterprise" propelled them forward in time to 2409 instead of backwards to Narenda III. All the events in the Deep Space Nine TV series still happen (sans Federation), except the Dominion won. Which, since DS9 happen in from 2369 to 2375 is history for the NPCs who live now in 2409.

Might be a bit too late by now, but major spoilers ahead.

In the mission, you are scanning anomalies in the Nebula but the one you can get close enough to scan is one with an Ambassador-class ship sticking out of it...

... so you evidently drawn the ENT-C to the year 2409 instead of Narenda III by getting too close to the temporal anomaly.

The NPCs in the mission then just recite the "alternate history" as it had happen to them (resistance fighters when the Klingons took over, then the Dominion came, slaves under one master and now a new master, etc).

This sets everything on course as in my previous post. So pretty much, the first problem of the Ent-C's displacement is further escalated because of our "accident". The Time Cops do arrive, however, to make sure the Ent-C is put back where it belongs and where you belong.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Captain
# 39
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenight00 View Post
I'm giving them one last chance to make it right.
8th time's the charm?
Commander
# 40
02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scimitar2 View Post
I think they just need to get rid of all the red stuff on the KDF side. Then I'd play it more.
Like blue is intrinsically better by default?

I like the red. It reminds me of Terran blood. So colorful yet so tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's like regular soda vs. diet soda. Once you get used to diet soda, regular soda tastes funny. Having gotten used to the red, the blue seems awkward.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
8th time's the charm?
Not for me.

As one who just came back after a long break and has been grinding fleet stuff non-stop, if this season goes in a direction that I really care not to see... Am just gonna move on and spend my money elsewhere. No drama, no mess, no support.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8