Captain
So, I was feeling nostalgic, and I thought it would be a laugh to pug ICE with a fleet mate. In my T2 Connie.

Now, it started fine, but by the second Transformer it was obvious that... well, I'll be nice and say this was not a good group. Fleet mate had already left (by now, the optional had failed on both grounds) and it wasn't looking good.

I strongly suspect only two of us actually knew what to do, and well, one was flying a Connie, and spent at least 1 minute waiting to respawn every time a Sphere took a stern glance in its direction, and the other was in a new to them ship. Anyway, best foot forward, wrote a team chat outlining what we had to do, and we got on with it.

It dragged on, and after half an hour or more, Tac Cube and Gate were down, and it was reward time - so, I get a VR Mk XII Tetryon Beam Bank, not very good modifiers. I believe, but am not certain, that that is a 1st place reward. (?)

Now, the apparent... not very good ability of some I can accept - that's pugging - but for a T2 ship to get 1st place in an Elite suggests that some people just are not capable of playing Elite missions, and so, how do we get these people to play on normal, where they wont need to be carried by even something as humble as a Connie?
Captain
# 2
06-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Rewards I'm 5 man stfs are 100% random where it could be random

Fleet actions, 10 people and up, get 1st/2nd/3rd. I'd like to say there's only 1 first, 2 seconds, and three thirds. (i have come in second, but so has my fleet mate at the same time)

General majority of players are bad...really bad. I doubt a Connie was the mvp of the map but without a parser. I can't be 100% sure.

People queue because they can complete the stf on the back of real gamers. If all the teribads were left to play with themselves, they wouldn't be playing the game
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 3
06-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Well, its possible to have no reward, blue Mk XI, purple Mk XI, blue Mk XII, Purple Mk XII, so that suggests some sort of player ranking to me.

It certainly felt like I was most valuable player... I didn't parse it, so I don't know either.

People being carried is one thing, we all started somewhere after all, and you have to run elite for its rewards, but to be so bad a T2 ship is better...
Captain
# 4
06-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjwrr View Post
Well, its possible to have no reward, blue Mk XI, purple Mk XI, blue Mk XII, Purple Mk XII, so that suggests some sort of player ranking to me.

It certainly felt like I was most valuable player... I didn't parse it, so I don't know either.

People being carried is one thing, we all started somewhere after all, and you have to run elite for its rewards, but to be so bad a T2 ship is better...

Do it again and parse it. Could've been a rare occurrence with the amount if baddies you had
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 5
06-27-2014, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Do it again and parse it. Could've been a rare occurrence with the amount if baddies you had
Definitely a one off IME.

It was this: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ussnagasaki_0