Lieutenant
# 1 Strobes on starship
02-04-2013, 04:39 PM
If this is in the wrong place... forgive me and have it move to the right place, since I don't know where this goes.

Anyway as the title says... Can we have an option to turn off the strobes on our ships... it annoying and sorry to say this it can be a bit of an eye sore. I understand you want to follow TMP Enterprise which have the strobes... But the later movie and series didn't have them.

So how about it?
Career Officer
# 2
02-04-2013, 06:17 PM
ehh? what strobe lights? I see none...
Career Officer
# 3
02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
I think the OP is talking about the small flashing white lights on some ships (usually cruisers). I didn't think these were even noticeable enough to be...an eye sore.
@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 4 There are 3 lights
02-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
I think the OP is talking about the small flashing white lights on some ships (usually cruisers). I didn't think these were even noticeable enough to be...an eye sore.
Could be the Navigational lights: Red=Port (left side), Green Starboard (right side), White=Stern (Aft)
For maritime safety reasons; they are mandatory.
http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Safety/Navigation-lights.aspx
We do want realism don't we?
Captain
# 5
02-05-2013, 12:05 AM
You can turn off the strobes by lowering the effects level in video options, but I don't see the problem myself, you would have to be hyper sensitive to find those tiny winking lights annoying or an eyesore. It adds a bit of realism, every modern aircraft has anti-collision lights to make them visible in the dark, so it's reasonable that that safety measure would be carried forward into space and frankly without the lights the ships look dead.