Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
  1. when you die you can lose control causing you to fly to your target in a straight line. all this does is set you up for another quick death....
    you can not effectively tank because all you do is presenting the forward shield to your target you just cant keep up whit the damage you receive by re-balancing shields, regeneration and abilities. you could be forced to fly though a group of mobs you would normaly have flown around causing you to aggro them and die. if you are set up whit cannons having your target in front is not going to be a problem but if you use beams you cant broadside and being forced to use only half of your DPS gives your opponent twice the amount of time to kill you!
    please fix this one fast. dieing because you cant contol your actions is increadibly annoying
  2. not auto loothing the final boss looth
    its rather annoying to accidently click the leave instance button that is flashing in the middle of your screen before loothing your items dropped by the boss. since you cannot re-enter the instace or reclaim your looth in some way you have effectively done the whole STF for noting!!! even though this happened to me only twice in 3 years while playing several STFs a day its so annoing to say that this top 5 has a shared first place!!!
  3. if an item roll to you while your inventory is full the item becomes unloothable and becomes lost forever
    this one is rather self explainable. if you win a roll for an item whit a full inventory it becomes unloothable and is lost forever... so annoying
  4. the PvE que system
    now we get to the actual reason for wring this. there are several things wrong whit this system
    the penalty for leaving an STF
    the only 2 times i got it were 1 coming ito a infected map seeing the optional had already failed while both cubes guarding the nanite transformers still live. so i am like: "come on you don't seriously expect me to clean up the mess of these idiots." and today i enter the STF starting out whit only 4 people so after one peron leaves i had to come to the conclusion that completing ti had become imposible and left.
    than you cannot enter ANY!! STF for an hour. if it was like ok you had your shot at this one come back in an hour i could live whit that but not being able to do any other STF WTH?
    then if someone leaves if you are unable to tell the system to send in a replacement... why? (telling the system to get a fifth would have been nice today when we started out whit only four)
    i don't kow if this is fixed but transferring maps while a game is starting causes you to get kicked of the que. i always take care not to do this but if i am flying between to places in sector space i would sill like to transfer to the next sector so i can continue my journey to my destination if the game takes more the 30 seconds to start anyway. knowing it can happen i now don't transfer maps while a game is starting, but not being restricted like this would be nice.
  5. and whats up this my DPS?
    i am not sure that this is a bug but sometimes i feel like i am able to cut though my enemies whit ease and other times i feel like it takes forever to kill the same enemies.
    i always fly my vesta whit the same Boffs, the same equipment and the same power levels so how can the difference be so big? EDIT: there are no ship injuries involved
THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.

Last edited by mistressbenihime; 01-28-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
01-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Hi,

1.) You loose control after dieing... Simply clear your target and you can control your ship again...

2.) You should learn not to click the leave-button soon.

3.) What's so hard about keeping one line of your inventory clear? You should learn that, too.

4.) Usually you shouldn't get a penalty, when the optional is lost. If you would do private PvEs, you'd never get the leaver-penalty - it's only for the public queues. To get into private matches, join 1 or 2 STF-channels (not Public-EliteSTF, they perform often worse then the public queue).

5.) Welcome to a science-ship... Sensor Analysis is a really powerful passive, it just needs you to "stay tuned".
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
Hi,

1.) You loose control after dieing... Simply clear your target and you can control your ship again...

2.) You should learn not to click the leave-button soon.

3.) What's so hard about keeping one line of your inventory clear? You should learn that, too.

4.) Usually you shouldn't get a penalty, when the optional is lost. If you would do private PvEs, you'd never get the leaver-penalty - it's only for the public queues. To get into private matches, join 1 or 2 STF-channels (not Public-EliteSTF, they perform often worse then the public queue).

5.) Welcome to a science-ship... Sensor Analysis is a really powerful passive, it just needs you to "stay tuned".
1 is a bug and still needs to be fixed..... doesn't mater if you can solve the problem yourself the problem shouldn't exist at all; yes i do know how to fix it it just annoys the crap out of me that i need to

2 i already explained that i happens to me less then 1% of the time its still really annoying when it does. it would be smart if the devs programmed a fails-safe against this.

3 i do keep it clean stuff just should not become unloothable at all for whatever reason and again i repeat to you doesn't mater if you can solve the problem yourself the problem shouldn't exist at all

4 why do i feel like i am constantly need to repeat the same words to you. it not a i get locked out for 60 min QQ! more like while i am locked out i have time to write this and make the game better. there is still something of whit the public que....

5 [sarcasm=on] really i did not know that!![sarcasm=off] i am flying a science captain in a science vessel since February 2010 and stuff still feels off.....(you fill in the dots)
First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.

Last edited by mistressbenihime; 01-28-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
01-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressbenihime View Post
1 is a bug and still needs to be fixed..... doesn't mater if you can solve the problem yourself the problem shouldn't exist at all; yes i do know how to fix it it just annoys the crap out of me that i need to

2 i already explained that i happens to me less then 1% of the time its still really annoying when it does. it would be smart if the devs programmed a fails-safe against this.

3 i do keep it clean stuff just should not become unloothable at all for whatever reason and again i repeat to you doesn't mater if you can solve the problem yourself the problem shouldn't exist at all

4 why do i feel like i am constantly need to repeat the same words to you. it not a i get locked out for 60 min QQ! more like while i am locked out i have time to write this and make the game better. there is still something of whit the public que....

5 [sarcasm=on] really i did not know that!![sarcasm=off] i am flying a science captain in a science vessel since February 2010 and stuff still feels off.....(you fill in the dots)

Calm down...

Better now?!?

5) Maybe you've got sometimes a tactical captain in your team, who uses Attack-Pattern Beta and an AoE attack. That way he/she marks all the enemies that he hits and gives them a nice debuff to their damage-resistance (on single targets also fire-on-my-mark). If you stack Sensor-Analysis and/or Sensor-Scan on that, then the enemies blow-up really fast.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Calm down...

Better now?!?

5) Maybe you've got sometimes a tactical captain in your team, who uses Attack-Pattern Beta and an AoE attack. That way he/she marks all the enemies that he hits and gives them a nice debuff to their damage-resistance (on single targets also fire-on-my-mark). If you stack Sensor-Analysis and/or Sensor-Scan on that, then the enemies blow-up really fast.
yea i am calm already. your first post kind of made me look like an idiot and i don't like when people do that.

i was more talking about a me vs. 3-5 probes/spheres (usually not during elite STF.) or other occurrences where i am the only person damaging the target(s). sometimes that just seems to go much better than it should (considering circumstances) and sometimes i am like am i firing blanks or something? most times it feels right but sometimes DPS just feels off....
when whit the group i usually set up a gravity well to let the rest of the group go ahead whit fire at will/torpedo spread/scatter volley while they are packed together so nicely...
the situation you describe is a fine tuned group that brings a tactical cube down in the blink of an eye

on the looth front though i never had those problems playing WoW. there was always a way to re-enter the instance whitin a limited time or dump something and pick up the item after. so if blizz can do it why cant crypic?
accently exiting the instance because your attention is whit your phone that's ringing instead of the game can happen. but is so annoying to realize you did the the whole instance for nothing because of it...
Captain
# 6
01-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressbenihime View Post
yea i am calm already. your first post kind of made me look like an idiot and i don't like when people do that.

i was more talking about a me vs. 3-5 probes/spheres (usually not during elite STF.) or other occurrences where i am the only person damaging the target(s). sometimes that just seems to go much better than it should (considering circumstances) and sometimes i am like am i firing blanks or something? most times it feels right but sometimes DPS just feels off....
when whit the group i usually set up a gravity well to let the rest of the group go ahead whit fire at will/torpedo spread/scatter volley while they are packed together so nicely...
the situation you describe is a fine tuned group that brings a tactical cube down in the blink of an eye

on the looth front though i never had those problems playing WoW. there was always a way to re-enter the instance whitin a limited time or dump something and pick up the item after. so if blizz can do it why cant crypic?
accently exiting the instance because your attention is whit your phone that's ringing instead of the game can happen. but is so annoying to realize you did the the whole instance for nothing because of it...
Quote:
^That ain't lookin' calm to me. You've set yourself up for that.

In reference to the damage, part of the issue might be your teammates' buffs. Then again, I never have "lack of damage" issues in my Vesta, it's either killing stuff in a reasonable time, or killing stuff in no time at all.

And the loot issue, unfortunately, that's just something you're going to have to make sure you pick up at the end of STFs. I've had the same issue, but it's no one's fault but mine. Luckily, those kinds of absent-minded mistakes are easily fixed, and don't involve actual money.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Career Officer
# 7
01-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Well, a lack of energy-damage could be explained with beam-array overload. It's one powerfull shot, but the rest of your energy-weapons might have not enough power to light up a match.
If you are using overload, try to compensate the powerdrain using emergency-power to weapons or a weapons-battery. Since you are not an Engineer, you can't compensate using EPS-Powertransfer.
Captain
# 8
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Well, a lack of energy-damage could be explained with beam-array overload. It's one powerfull shot, but the rest of your energy-weapons might have not enough power to light up a match.
If you are using overload, try to compensate the powerdrain using emergency-power to weapons or a weapons-battery. Since you are not an Engineer, you can't compensate using EPS-Powertransfer.
Also, it has to do with the ship. Vestas optimally run with three Aux Phaser Cannons, and thus the majority of ship power should be placed in Auxiliary. Also, the boff ability "Emergency Power to Auxiliary" should help greatly in this respect.

Also, please don't run torps on this ship. DPS isn't determined by how many torpedoes you fire, since the rate of fire is so slow.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Also, it has to do with the ship. Vestas optimally run with three Aux Phaser Cannons, and thus the majority of ship power should be placed in Auxiliary. Also, the boff ability "Emergency Power to Auxiliary" should help greatly in this respect.

Also, please don't run torps on this ship. DPS isn't determined by how many torpedoes you fire, since the rate of fire is so slow.
good tip i run whit tetrion cannons and a torpedo and weapon power to max. (usually at 120% before firing). but since damage feels off for about 5% of the time divded roughly equal between really good and really bad.

this could also expain it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution
however whit a normal distribution the times you are outside more than 2 standard deviations the difrence should not be so extreme as the sometimes feel to me....
Captain
# 10
01-28-2013, 01:34 PM
1. Weapons jamming in a fight. You in a desperate fight, trying to activate every buff, then your cannon rapid fire jams, you weapon stops firing and you have to wait 30 or so seconds before you can start firing again.

2. Projectile weapons misfiring and being put on cooldown.

3. After dying your ship turns invisible. You're still targetable of course, but you can't see your ship. Makes it rather hard to align you DHCs

4. Scramble sensors causing evasive to fail.

5. Beaming back into a map and finding you're stuck in a console.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai