Ensign
# 1 Odyssey vs Ambassador
02-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Simple enough, which is the better Free/Anniversary cruiser in your opinion?

I'm of course referring to the free variant of the Odyssey vs the Retrofit Ambassador (so there's no confusion)

As a Tac captain my arsenal is comprised mostly of torpedoes, cannons and mines with very few beam arrays. I'm wondering if it's worth acquirig a few and taking either cruiser for a spin or spending my dilithium on other things
Captain
# 2
02-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Beams don't cost dilithium you can kit any ship out for about 200k ec which can be earned in around 1min30seconds

The odyssey took some getting used to to work well but the new setup it just load up and go good dps good Boff setup good movement rate

Don't get me wrong the odyssey is a beast
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 3
02-04-2013, 12:26 PM
As straight out numbers go, the Ambassador outdoes the freebie Odyssey (throws up quietly in the corner). However, as versatility goes, the Odyssey outdoes the Ambassador. But for overall usability, that goes to the Ambassador. She's an easier ship to fly, and can still do quite a lot. Her console setup is also better suited to damage and support than the freebie Odyssey. HOWEVER as true damage/tanking/healing potential goes, the freebie Odyssey does a hell of a lot better. However it sacrifices maneuverability for it.

It's users choice, neither ship is any better or any worse.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
# 4
02-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Bottom Line: The Fleet Ambassador had better be on-par with a fleet Excelsior, or it's basically useless having it in the game. At this point, the Devs would be better cloning the Fleet Excelsior, and swapping out a Eng Slot for a Sci slot and giving it an Ambassador skin. As it stands, the Ambassador "freebie" is exactly as advertised: A GOOD FREE SHIP, but beyond that, it's not equipped to keep up with an Excelsior (the fleet version anyway).
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Captain
# 5
02-04-2013, 12:51 PM
That wasn't the question the fleet version will be what the fleet version will be

The free version is a capable ship which is FREE

The fleet ships are chargeable and are a different category of course a non fleet ship cannot keep up with a fleet ship

Don't you think if it could that would be rather stoopid of the devs and harsh on the people who shelled out for a fleet ship
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----