Career Officer
# 11
02-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Auto launching pets is a easy fix, key bind it to your space bar, along with firing weapons and balancing shields. This keeps the maximum amount of pets out there and keeps them fresh. It also keeps the cool downs low on there effects. I use the elite scorpion fighters and I took away the torps on my Vesta because of the spam of the high yeild plasma. It also seems that fighters do better on the way to the target, not so well when they get out there.
Captain
# 12
02-06-2013, 03:09 AM
Hm, I'd rather have an auto-return programmed in them, so they try to evade the warp core breach. Even if we have unmanned fighters (we probably have it that way in the 24th century), the kamikaze aspect of the whole fighter system is for me a let down.

I once bought a wonderful ship, the Armitage, with dumb fighter pilots. It is indeed a matter of game immersion. It helps to call them back as soon as possible. Hell, I always heal them, if they survive the fight, even use a couple of cooldowns if that is necessary.
Career Officer
# 13
02-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
Auto launching pets is a easy fix, key bind it to your space bar, along with firing weapons and balancing shields.
Except you are also constantly removing the previously launched fighters before they have a chance to be effective. Typically carriers are not wading into the middle of the dog fight.

I too would like to see some kind of decay counter for the hangers, something color coded so I know that maybe while all are out all are also leaking atmosphere like water through soggy tissue. But then I'd also like to be able to control which wing is removed - frustrating to launch a new wing just to watch the worst of the older wings be left in action.
Career Officer
# 14
02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Well, once they train fighter pilots to not loiter next to exploding ships, I'd be all for something like that!

Currently, fighters are so dumb, I don't think there are pilots in there. Just rudimentary AIs. So the whole replicate new fighters works.
Or give all pets the BoP pet AI. The only enemies my BoPs seem to hug are tac cubes/cubes since their strafing circles arent wide enough to go around them.

Fighter pets(stalkers, peregines, shuttles.)

They all seem to line up for an attack run and then... circle the enemy as close as possible.

I say BoP AI since Orion Slavers use beam arrays so their high speed wide circle strafing wouldnt really allow for your fighters that use forward facing attacks to fire all that often.
Rihannsu
# 15
02-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitvendor12 View Post
I too would like to see some kind of decay counter for the hangers, something color coded so I know that maybe while all are out all are also leaking atmosphere like water through soggy tissue. But then I'd also like to be able to control which wing is removed - frustrating to launch a new wing just to watch the worst of the older wings be left in action.
There's really no reason to track them as wings at all, since they can't be controlled as wings anyway. If you're down 3 fighters, launching more should fill up those spots and not replace any still alive fighters. And when replacing fighters, it should automatically replace the ones with the lowest health first.
Career Officer
# 16
02-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
There's really no reason to track them as wings at all, since they can't be controlled as wings anyway. If you're down 3 fighters, launching more should fill up those spots and not replace any still alive fighters. And when replacing fighters, it should automatically replace the ones with the lowest health first.
Good point. I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frelsi777 View Post
One of the features I would like to see is some kind of Pet management interface. I usually just spam the launch button, simply because I don't know how many fighters I still have that are alive out there. Doesn't hurt to spawn 2/3 fresh ones right?

Health indicators would go a long way....
This. OMG this.

It's such a pain to have do a 360 degree camera spin to look for your pets in the middle of battle. Since you don't want to remove pets that are pounding an enemy's most damaged shield facing, or about to intercept a nasty-looking torpedo, it's important to know how many pets you have out at any given time, their hull levels, and what hanger they came from.

Until we get that feature, I'm just thankful I've upgraded to B'Rotlh BoP retrofits. It's much easier to keep track of four of those than 10-12 tiny little To'Duj fighters. Still, a UI element for pets is a must-have.
Ensign
# 18
02-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Counter would be nice,but since i normally use mine on "intercept" mode i think i'd prefer a bit better ai,nothing like dieing to a heavy torp of some type while 12 fighters are off somewhere no where near me doing something or anouther.

And after having all 12 one/two shot by fire at will more times than i'd like to count,i finally switched from under 3k hull pointer's to 18k hull pointers,which didnt make any sense.12 fighters combines hull points is 36k,8 deltas combined hp is 144k.....

Before i shelfed it i did find "best" set-up for me was 1 set of catian stalkers and 1 set of delta's,their different launch timers helped alot for keeping them closer to me and doing their intercept duty instead of flying off 20-30k away from me and attacking a cube while i sat and gaurded kang.Which is messed up because if i want them to attack something they wont go near it until i am 10k away,but if i want them to hang around me and do their jobs their all off out way further.

I would love an autolaunch option,as they are basically a weapon,a counter to try and keep track of them better,and some better AI for their modes.And remove the "a true carrier" from the atrox's description,or give it 2 more hangars.I wouldnt mind it having more hangars even if they where restricted to certain size fighters.Like you could have one hangar slot be for 1 wing types(bop's and jem'hadars,and preferably one fed type bop) and 1 be for the 2 wing types(delta flyiers is only one that comes to mind) 1 for the 3 type fighters,and 1 that could launcher wither the 1 or the 2 types.
Ensign
# 19
02-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I consider myself an intermediate carrier pilot.
I started with the Vo'quv on my KDF sci, then added Armitage on my Fed tac, switched to Kar'Fi on my KDF sci, and most recently Vesta on my Fed sci.

I would very much appreciate more precise controls, and more info on the carrier pets.
A counter, auto-relaunch, relaunch replacing lowest health units first, and many more suggestions here are all good ideas.

Right now it's basically just "fire and forget" kind of situation, which is not optimal.

With so many carriers out there now, this needs to be addressed.
Lieutenant
# 20
02-10-2013, 06:31 AM
i would just like some form of ui notification of how many active fighters i have out.