Career Officer
# 1 Changing Deck Question
02-09-2013, 10:52 AM
I would like to know how to have characters move from different decks on a ship. If there is a tutorial, I would appreciate a link to it. Thank you in advance.
Career Officer
# 2
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
I think you need to have every deck as its own map, I don't think you can teleport inside the same map.
I could be wrong.

Here's some tutorial for foundry, something might help you.
http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tag...ndry-tutorial/

Good luck.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-09-2013, 11:27 AM
there are 2 ways to do this basically. one easy, one harder

1) The Easy Way:
Is just map transitioning via either a reach marker in a turboshaft, or an invisible interact inside it

2)The not so easy way:
This is achieved firstly by creating an entirely custom interior map. you still either have the reach marker or invisible interact in the turbolift, but instead of getting a map transition screen, you actually have objects set to go from invisible>visible at your interaction and vice versa. An example of this can be found as I recall in Alimac30's Spirits of Ramak Nor. While this is the cooler of the 2 options, there are issues with it as well, you have to build the set(s) which are time consuming and limited to 500 objects per map.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
02-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I made one for almost exactly this.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...deck-to-go-to/
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic