Empire Veteran
# 21
02-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
The Scimitar kind of transforms when it's deploying its thalaron weapon.
True enough but its not the same thing.
Commander
# 22
02-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonerussian762 View Post
Nero's ship anybody?
This.

A super duper dilithium miner.

Engineer focused.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Captain
# 23
02-05-2013, 09:12 PM
If they actually made playable Romulan ships, they should be, based on our encounters with them in-game, and canonically, all equipped with battlecloak or better, as Warbirds have this maddening habit of disappearing in the middle of a fight, and unlike Klingon battlecruisers, which have superior turn rates (they were turn-rate monkeys in SFB/SFC, too), Romulans would have the kind of dogawful turn rates you'd expect of their enormously fat ships, and would utilize their cannons by decloak-alphas instead of Klingonesque turning. The standard line of ships would be more Sci-heavy than Klingon ships: Romulans would have a lot of Sci-type ships, being Tac and Sci leaning.
Commander
# 24
02-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm down for Romulans, as long as I can fly the Narada. Come on Cryptic, make it happen!
Commander
# 25
02-05-2013, 09:58 PM
If the UFP are Science-based, primarily because they have Vulcans and actual Science ships...

and the KDF has Klingons who are Tactical-based and have DPS focused ships...

then the Romulans, if they were to be a third faction, could very well be Engineer-based with Tanking-focused ships.

Pure speculation but not too much of a logical leap to be plausible.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8