Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
I like to use all my ships to play different missions and therefore different boff layouts. I've been very frustrated everytime i change a ship the shortcut tray layout gets messed up!

Can we please, for the love of God, get a tray layout save feature?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes please, or a little padlock to lock Boffs to a ship station and/or ship.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Ensign
# 3
02-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Excellent suggestion, would make a great addition.

-Plasma, Vice Admiral, Starfleet
-I.D.I.C- UFP Fleet Admiral, -I.D.I.C- Founder
Veena, Lieutenant General, Klingon Defence Force
-I.D.I.C- KDF Fleet General
Career Officer
# 4
02-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Been asking for this since beta..till its added I've pretty much memorised my entire boff layot between my fed and klink.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Career Officer
# 5
02-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Discharge a BOff? Or a ship? Renaming either? Even just doing the new Temporal Ambassador featured episode.

Any of them can cause this. I don't think they even know nor care how to fix this. It's the main reason why I avoid buying ships if I can, I know that switching between ships means getting irritated like this.

In the meantime, I keep screenshots of my powers tray.

Why or WAI do we have to put up with stuff like this? That irritating quirk/feature that was put in during S7, so we can no longer swap device/set powers in our ground powers tray. You have to 'empty' a slot before switching devices or changing your sets.
Empire Veteran
# 6
02-05-2013, 03:34 AM
I agree with the bridge officer idea, and it usually works that way... but not for Temporal Ambassador.

I would love if my bars would stay the way I left them, and not repopulate items I have removed, remove items I have placed, and move items that I have placed on one bar to another location. This happens when I zone into some missions (Japori I am looking at you!), and sometimes just by relogging.

The hot bars are mundo frustrating!

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2013, 11:29 AM
also . . . what would be wrong with a button to clear out the tray completely?

that might be easier to implement than having to program the code for multiple tray configs.
Captain
# 8
02-05-2013, 12:24 PM
in one of ask cryptic I think there was the answer, that this feature is being worked on or something.

as far as I am informbed the next season (or even sooner) will have major UI changes (I sure would like a UI queue, or atleast eliminate the lag)
Career Officer
# 9
02-05-2013, 12:30 PM
I'd love this or a 'ship layout' save with regards to trays and Boffs (IE it saves what Boffs are at what stations and your tray layout for that ship -- and as long as you still have the same Boffs with the same Boff abilities setup -- when you switch back to that ship from another ship; all the Boffs and trays re-populate themselves into that saved layout.

(And I know that's probably a lot of work, but with all the ship switching that occurs in this game, I think this would make a huge majority of the STO Playerbase happy.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 10
02-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Being able to save it would be most welcomed. Hate having to set up the tray when switching ships.

Last edited by marshalericdavid; 02-05-2013 at 01:29 PM.