Career Officer
Hello all fellow Captains:

I have been experiencing many problems when attempting to log in and with very frequent server disconnects.

Are others having this issue? Are there router issues happening somewhere in North America?

Not pointing any fingers. Just want to find out why.

Thanks
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-17-2013, 08:41 AM
South West England here.

Weirdly, been having massive problems anywhere that isn't the sphere or somewhere really busy. I've been trying to level up a new fed character and i'm getting SNR of up to like 400s trying to load some maps...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-17-2013, 09:28 AM
When I've been logging on I get a 2 minute window of pure lag as soon as the world loads up. clears up after a couple of mins. Fun times when i logged on, into the battle zone and was surrounded by a Voth battlegroup
The distinctiveness of your ice-cream, will be added to our own. Resistance is brain freeze

Playing Since Jan 2011
Career Officer
# 4
11-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbrian View Post
Hello all fellow Captains:

I have been experiencing many problems when attempting to log in and with very frequent server disconnects.

Are others having this issue? Are there router issues happening somewhere in North America?

Not pointing any fingers. Just want to find out why.

Thanks
Please run a tracert and post your results in the sticked thread a the top
2 mins preview My 1st Foundry mission Cube 571 Coming Dec 24 Trailer
Short 10 sec trailer for Cube 571

The one good thing about being Borg you never need tech-support
Before you post in the STO tech support forum
Career Officer
# 5
11-17-2013, 08:58 PM
This seems to happen once in a while for no particular reason. I think it has to do with general server instability. The game will play normal ALL DAY until evening when everyone goes on for the current special event (this is especially so with new Feature Episodes and the like). Sometimes the type of system is irrelevant -- I have a friend playing on an almost brand-new Alienware something or other that cost him $1800 -- which, by the way, he got so he could play TOR on max settings -- and HE has problems with lag and rubberbanding and disconnects and server timeouts. This game is not graphically intensive (for the most part) so there shouldn't be a problem with processors or cards or what have you. It's THE GAME ITSELF. PWE would rather blame it on the player than man the **** up and fix it.
Career Officer
# 6
11-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh View Post
This seems to happen once in a while for no particular reason. I think it has to do with general server instability. The game will play normal ALL DAY until evening when everyone goes on for the current special event (this is especially so with new Feature Episodes and the like). Sometimes the type of system is irrelevant -- I have a friend playing on an almost brand-new Alienware something or other that cost him $1800 -- which, by the way, he got so he could play TOR on max settings -- and HE has problems with lag and rubberbanding and disconnects and server timeouts. This game is not graphically intensive (for the most part) so there shouldn't be a problem with processors or cards or what have you. It's THE GAME ITSELF. PWE would rather blame it on the player than man the **** up and fix it.

This, is a typical response of someone who doesn't fully understand. Just because you have an expensive computer, It doesn't matter if your family or your "friends" family is draining the speed of his internet or if his internet is being effected. I'm not an PWE employee and i'm telling you before you can pin the blame on PWE you have to prove your Network (Internet) is working fine.

Lt. Commander
# 7
11-17-2013, 10:36 PM
I've got to agree with daqhegh. It's not the network, it's the game. I can go 80 places and 79 are fine while only STO gives me trouble. Not to mention that many of us can't log-in since season 8 started, 7 days ago -- that's not a network problem.
Career Officer
# 8
11-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprise1701ax View Post
I've got to agree with daqhegh. It's not the network, it's the game. I can go 80 places and 79 are fine while only STO gives me trouble. Not to mention that many of us can't log-in since season 8 started, 7 days ago -- that's not a network problem.
Like I said prove it.

you can not blame it on PWE everyone. Sure there is is some people that have an issue with the game and that is why they have acknowledge the problem and are trying to fix it. The people who have reported it have PROVEN it.

However! there are some which have proven to be a Network problem, So it is wrong to assume that EVERYONE is effected by the same problem. It could be a problem with pwe or your own problems.

So Until each person proves it to PWE fault. It's your fault or your ISP fault until otherwise proven.

Lieutenant
# 9
11-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinssoulmate View Post
Like I said prove it.

you can not blame it on PWE everyone. Sure there is is some people that have an issue with the game and that is why they have acknowledge the problem and are trying to fix it. The people who have reported it have PROVEN it.

However! there are some which have proven to be a Network problem, So it is wrong to assume that EVERYONE is effected by the same problem. It could be a problem with pwe or your own problems.

So Until each person proves it to PWE fault. It's your fault or your ISP fault until otherwise proven.
Its the game! so do all these people have internet issues?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=911391
I think not, i could play season 7 and as soon as season 8 went live we all got shut out

Last edited by celticjedi; 11-17-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
11-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticjedi View Post
Its the game! so do all these people have internet issues?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=911391
I think not, i could play season 7 and as soon as season 8 went live we all got shut out
So it is wrong to assume that EVERYONE is effected by the same problem. It could be a problem with pwe or your own problems.