Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
02-05-2013, 12:08 PM
EPtA gives a short amount of stealth sight too. just long enough to lock a tractor!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2013, 12:28 PM
i already told everyone i know. and it aint that bad

brignsome cpb

or go home
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post

That explains that B'rel I fought in a crap and splode.. Welp, I won't be going back into FvK any more. GJ Cryptic.
get ur brel and dont look back. how many times have i killed u recently?

why do theb est players not give anythign a chance sometimes
Rihannsu
# 24
02-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Because I don't feel like flying a B'rel right now. I'm working on my Fed Engi. Not to mention I don't like the builds people.. abuse.. with the new stuff..

Like being able to fly in a B'rel and drop Warp pee and mines all with out a single decloak.

No thanks. That doesn't feel right.

To sounds carebareish.. it doesn't feel Trek like either.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Rihannsu
# 25
02-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
i already told everyone i know. and it aint that bad

brignsome cpb

or go home
So waste a slot on CPB just to TRY to catch a B'rel with in the radius of CPB? Should I also waste my Doff slots on the Placate part of CPB?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
# 26
02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
Science and Engineerign rom boffs have subterfuge, which makes the brels special cloak extra good. fire unseen, with 0 reveal. Tractor.. etc, anything, no reveal.

have fun kill good guys
Lol Qa'pla! Enjoy the thrill of combat.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 27
02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Have to say I'm completely with Naz on this one...

I queue for FvK a lot... I have fairly thick skin and most Klinkydinks don't really phase me much. Thing is though, you do get those odd games which remind you exactly why Feds don't queue en masse for FvK any more. When the new Scramble DOffs came out, where do you think you'd be guaranteed to see people spamming them (in conjunction with the usual VTR/AMS etc.)? How many Klinkydinks still slot leech and haven't moved it even since back in the days when it was majorly broken?

I just see those nadir FvK games as stress tests at this point. Good for hardening you up and also for demonstrating everything that's wrong with this game.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 28
02-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Pishposh. Its bug for the KDF. I have no doubts it will be squashed soon.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 29
02-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Hm there are several ways to keep people out of cloak. Tractor beams, gravity wells, several gas consoles, eject warp plasma, spamming chroniton mines on the map, TBRs will also target cloaked stuff, and probably a couple of things i don't have in mind right now. It's not because the counter isn't on your ship that it "breaks the game". I wish the whole pvp community could embrace this spirit.

It's also useful to spec into sensors to counter cloaked ships. It's also useful against placate and scramble, and i know how much it's annoying (note: "annoying", not "game breaking"), so enjoy your respec.

Last edited by diogene0; 02-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Career Officer
# 30
02-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Hm there are several ways to keep people out of cloak. Tractor beams, gravity wells, several gas consoles, eject warp plasma, spamming chroniton mines on the map, TBRs will also target cloaked stuff, and probably a couple of things i don't have in mind right now. It's not because the counter isn't on your ship that it "breaks the game". I wish the whole pvp community could embrace this spirit.

It's also useful to spec into sensors to counter cloaked ships. It's also useful against placate and scramble, and i know how much it's annoying (note: "annoying", not "game breaking"), so enjoy your respec.
The "bug" as I understand it, is that in your B'Rel, you won't decloak for the 3 secs while doing anything, firing, tractoring, etc. In addition to this, you are also undetectable by a sci ship running full aux with sensor scan (as per mini's other thread)

So the problem with those counters you listed are:

1) Tractor beams, Gravity Well, Tyken's require a target lock to fire off and decloak someone.
2) Mines require the BoP to fly into them and also do not decloak B'Rels
3) TBR does not decloak B'Rels, I don't know if if even decloaks normal cloaks
4) CBP, PSW requires that the B'Rel get within 5 or 3 km
5) Eject Warp Plasma or any other gas requires the B'Rel to be very close, or a very dumb pilot who would fly into it, or a lucky graphics glitch that prevents the B'Rel from seeing the cloud.
[23:35] Horta deals 1738411 (1538303) Toxic Damage to Centurion Engineer with Corrosive Acid.