Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 31
02-05-2013, 03:38 PM
I was there in one of Mini's tests.

My sensor scan couldn't detect him. He was literally 3km away and I could not detect him. I only managed to catch him accidentally with an EWP.

Anyway, he still died several times in the tests, so he's far from invincible with these boffs.

We'll likely see the nerf bat soon anyhow.
Empire Veteran
# 32
02-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beary666sto View Post
The "bug" as I understand it, is that in your B'Rel, you won't decloak for the 3 secs while doing anything, firing, tractoring, etc. In addition to this, you are also undetectable by a sci ship running full aux with sensor scan (as per mini's other thread)

So the problem with those counters you listed are:

1) Tractor beams, Gravity Well, Tyken's require a target lock to fire off and decloak someone.
2) Mines require the BoP to fly into them and also do not decloak B'Rels
3) TBR does not decloak B'Rels, I don't know if if even decloaks normal cloaks
4) CBP, PSW requires that the B'Rel get within 5 or 3 km
5) Eject Warp Plasma or any other gas requires the B'Rel to be very close, or a very dumb pilot who would fly into it, or a lucky graphics glitch that prevents the B'Rel from seeing the cloud.
I'm still unsure about how it works, i have yet to see someone using that in the queues. But some points here are still valid. Spamming mines is extremely efficient against cloaked ships. It used to work before that glitch, it should still be working now. Of course it's a job for a whole team, if you're alone to spam chroniton mines on the map then it's pointless. But you can make it easily unplayable for a cloaked ship if you have a full team doing that.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 33
02-05-2013, 05:21 PM
There is an event in Enhanced Battle Cloak that fires when you activate a weapon, which causes you to de-cloak for a 2-second period.

Unfortunately, Subterfuge has introduced an easily-reproduced scenario where this event fails to fire, allowing you to remain cloaked. This was caused by an oversight in the way our power data is inherited from one ability to the next.

We're aware of the issue, and are fixing the error even as we speak. This will hopefully be appearing in our next patch.

Just to be clear, it's not a feature that's being nerfed, but rather a bug that's being fixed.
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Staff Systems Designer
"Play smart!"
Follow the STO_DevTracker on Twitter!
Captain
# 34
02-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
There is an event in Enhanced Battle Cloak that fires when you activate a weapon, which causes you to de-cloak for a 2-second period.

Unfortunately, Subterfuge has introduced an easily-reproduced scenario where this event fails to fire, allowing you to remain cloaked. This was caused by an oversight in the way our power data is inherited from one ability to the next.

We're aware of the issue, and are fixing the error even as we speak. This will hopefully be appearing in our next patch.

Just to be clear, it's not a feature that's being nerfed, but rather a bug that's being fixed.
Thank you for the quick confirmation and fix, and double thanks for acknowledging and differentiating between this being a bug fix vs nerf.

We all know how much people like to cry about "nerfs" that are actually fixes
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
If PvP were dead, then Cryptic would stop adding things to kill it. So obviously it's not dead, and that's why Cryptic needs to keep adding things to try to kill it.

Seriously, go through and look at how many things have next to zero use for PvE but make PvP that much worse, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:

the how come keg could see me and people with sensors had different results/ sci ships? needs more testign before to be removed. seems like nerf to mee, remind me to be quiet about things like this next time

fix tricobalt nadeon and trocbalt torp sefl damage while ur at it k?i been on aobut that for years but whatever
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:

Just to be clear, I recently returned to the game. I find it a little disturbing that something introduced to the game over 3 months ago still has a bug you have been aware of. I am also deeply saddened at the total lack of documentation with the "subterfuge" trait in game. Without any meaningful documentation (and having this experience many times in game before) How Am i to know what is intended by an unspeciified ability and what is clearly a BUG?

Havign a simple documentation of "boosts x by y" would suffice. But i cant reverse engineer the effect of the power either. There is no change to stealth sight, and no decrition of effect/ icon when u engage this boff power.

At best this is ddgy work, that has personally cost me and (lot of people im sorry i told this aobut already) alot of fc anjd maybe even rl money to buy this, soon to be nerfed.

At worst i demand a refund and claim false advertising. Please fix the descriptions of the game, and it be nice to compensate people who have spent MONEY of something they were expecting to be one way and now looks to be another. But i wont hold my breath

///still wonderign how broken and devoras knew about this, as many other say they have, yet its only gonna get a nerf when i get it. how long since s7? cmon craptic stop pissin me off
The unspecified
Career Officer
# 37
02-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
the how come keg could see me and people with sensors had different results/ sci ships? needs more testign before to be removed. seems like nerf to mee, remind me to be quiet about things like this next time
mini anyone with just a brain cell would have known about this bug when they know how long a bop decloaks for when using weps...........with out trying it out. i told everyone in opvp chat and i dident even try it myself.
Captain
# 38
02-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:

bort, please check this: there is a visual bug when u cloak with a subterfuge doff, the cloak animation fails, and u keep seeing the ship (withouth that transparent blue tint). Is only visual, but very annoying.
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Captain
# 39
02-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Can we at least let subterfudge lower the reveal time of the B'rel
Empire Veteran
# 40
02-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Quote:
You are just nerfing this new feature... Now I must go in my corner and cry because I can't have it my way because this isn't burger king studios