02-05-2013, 09:17 PM
ouch.

ggs mini

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-
Rihannsu
# 42
02-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Hm, even if it is a bug... wouldn't it be fun to have it in the game? Developing tactics to decloak B'rels efficiently was something I was looking forward to...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584

Last edited by sophlogimo; 02-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
02-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Hm, even if it is a bug... wouldn't it be fun to have it in the game? Developing tactics to decloak B'rels efficiently was something I was looking forward to...
lmao????????????? hey how is that tact carrier working? yeah the one that cant even chase down a good bop player.
Rihannsu
# 44
02-06-2013, 02:14 AM
When I was using the tactical captain's Atrox in a 1v1 (many moons ago), it defeated Mini 5:3, if I recall correctly. (Mini?)

In fact, Atroxes and other sci-heavy ships would be sort of buffed by this working forever... as it makes their abilities vital.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by sophlogimo; 02-06-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Captain
# 45
02-06-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
When I was using the tactical captain's Atrox in a 1v1 (many moons ago), it defeated Mini 5:3, if I recall correctly. (Mini?)

In fact, Atroxes and other sci-heavy ships would be sort of buffed by this working forever... as it makes their abilities vital.
You mean Mini killed you 3 times... and himself 5... thats not really a feat. No offense mini... just he blows himself up 99% of the time... I have only seen anyone really decloak and best him a handful of times... his other deaths are mearly failed bombing runs.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Rihannsu
# 46
02-06-2013, 04:42 AM
Why are you trying to derail this thread again with false claims, sock puppet of Husanak.

We currently see only very few Nebulas in the queues, decoaking is just not a subject worth thinking about. If this boff ability effect remained in the game, that might change. I would see that as an interesting new challenge.

And anybody who follows these forums knows that the "gut feeling" prognosises of certain Knoweverythings here are not worth anything. We'd have to try it out.
Captain
# 47
02-06-2013, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Why are you trying to derail this thread again with false claims, sock puppet of Husanak.

We currently see only very few Nebulas in the queues, decoaking is just not a subject worth thinking about. If this boff ability effect remained in the game, that might change. I would see that as an interesting new challenge.

And anybody who follows these forums knows that the "gut feeling" prognosises of certain Knoweverythings here are not worth anything. We'd have to try it out.
The nebula is cool in theory but thats all... anything you get from the grid junk is unneeded. If you have done enough FvK you should know all you need to detect bops is a sci ship and a sci capt. The nebula might be slightly better at doing that, really though one full aux sensor scan in a fed ball is all you really need to have.

Sure more cloak mechanics would be fun for me as well... problem is most people don't like cat and mouse matches. Trust me I flew in LOTS of them long before you got to the game. After one good cat and mouse match... the feds would stop quing...

I on one hand very much liked the klink faction better when all our ships cloaked... and feds came prepared to deal with that.

On the other hand... all the non cloaking klink ships... in general means more (new at least) players are willing to que up for FvK.

As for this doff... ya Soph its broken... and it will be fixed. Working as it seems to be intended it should still be a nice boost for cloak users. For the people willing to fly battle cloaking ships... and honestly there is only a handful of us that do anymore, in my xp anyway.... and who you calling a puppet little man. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 48
02-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:

Surely its anything you say with regards to pvp, everyone but the foolish / unlucky newcomers ignore.
Rihannsu
# 49
02-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
The nebula is cool in theory but thats all... anything you get from the grid junk is unneeded. If you have done enough FvK you should know all you need to detect bops is a sci ship and a sci capt. The nebula might be slightly better at doing that, really though one full aux sensor scan in a fed ball is all you really need to have. [...]
My impression from emojoe's test I could observe yesterday was that the Nebula's tachyon detection grid, or the T3 Nebula's Tachyon Detection Field console (of which several could be used on a team), coupled with one or two copies of Charged Particle Burst, would be a sufficient counter for "never decloak due to Romulan Boffs" B'rels. They would, finally, be good for something.
Captain
# 50
02-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Off topic a bit, does anyone know what if any impact the Boffs have on MEF/MES?