Lieutenant
hello everyone i read a lot about romulans.
and the photo :wil you march? look like they mean the tal shiar
so is there coming a new faction?

thank you for reading this threat and i hope reactions
Commander
# 2
02-05-2013, 07:23 AM
I seriously doubt it, but speculating about it is more fun than the status quo of discussion. This is too powerful, that isn't powerful enough. This thing doesn't work. That thing works too well. Cstore costs too much money. Cstore doesn't have enough items. Dil exchange is too high because cryptic is doing it for money. Dil exchange is too low because cryptic is doing it for money. So on and so on.

It'd be nifty as hell to get started on romulan faction. I'd like to fly those ships, and the devs are seemingly so excited about may that a romulan faction may be the only thing worthy enough to warrant that excitement. In any case it seems it'll be an interesting time for us.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Nah you're just going to get a set of wings and a march emote.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 4
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Maybe not even a march emote. I guess the wings are the dead servers after the game is shut down and the march is us having to go elsewhere. <kidding I hope >
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Captain
# 5
02-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Absolutely! A full fledged, fleshed out, 1 to 50 Romulan Faction is coming out in May. And will be full voice acted through the levelling mission process and have a large contingent of ships to choose from for the 6 races in the Star Empire.

Get your quantum singularities aligned and finger on your cloak button! Full Warbird Starbase Patrols COMING SOON!

Or maybe they're just doing a bunch of new stories continuing the plot from the Iconians.
Captain
# 6
02-05-2013, 08:35 AM
No idea. It is possible that the Romulan government finally gets their act together instead of lots of factions fighting over control and we face a new Romulan faction. All that is definite is that if there is a new playable faction and KDF doesn't have the level of content that Feds had at launch, then there will be a ton of ticked off KDF players.
Empire Veteran
# 7
02-05-2013, 08:39 AM
I too am in serious doubt as to the validity of a new faction. They haven't even finished KDF yet (if ever they will...)

I don't even know where this new faction rumor started. I checked the wiki and it says if the devs were to do it, it would only be after KDF is "completed" (hardy har har).

For all we know the whole "March" in may is most likely probably some new adventure zone with a handful of new missions and maybe some Romulan-themed STF's? Who knows.
Career Officer
# 8
02-05-2013, 08:50 AM
One would think that at this point, after five days of rampant speculation about a new faction on the horizon, that They would continue to let slip, the dogs of Forum Mania over this subject without saying that our speculation is way off.

The news of a new FE being released, has never been handled in this particular style before.

They've always let it be known that what was coming, WAS a FE, not obfuscate about it in such a manner to be bordering on The Dark Side.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-05-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
02-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
No idea. It is possible that the Romulan government finally gets their act together instead of lots of factions fighting over control and we face a new Romulan faction. All that is definite is that if there is a new playable faction and KDF doesn't have the level of content that Feds had at launch, then there will be a ton of ticked off KDF players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovakiin View Post
I too am in serious doubt as to the validity of a new faction. They haven't even finished KDF yet (if ever they will...)

I don't even know where this new faction rumor started. I checked the wiki and it says if the devs were to do it, it would only be after KDF is "completed" (hardy har har).

For all we know the whole "March" in may is most likely probably some new adventure zone with a handful of new missions and maybe some Romulan-themed STF's? Who knows.
I believe that the problem with this line of thinking, is that Cryptic probably has a different definition of the KDF being "Completed"..., as compared to what many players have.

And truthfully, as long as the game continues to have things added to it, it will never really be "Completed"...

This is true for any and all Factions in the game, not just the KDF.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-05-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2013, 08:57 AM
My theory is that they'll put up one of those Romulan "Raptor" statues in ESD and the First City throughout the month of March. Done and done.