Republic Veteran
# 11
02-05-2013, 09:05 AM
The Klingons fear a Romulan empire...They fear the Star Empire will achieve everything they could never, they fear The Romulans to be the equals to the foolish Federation....and The Federation just fears us.
Empire Veteran
# 12
02-05-2013, 09:06 AM
"My theory is that they'll put up one of those Romulan "Raptor" statues in ESD and the First City throughout the month of March. Done and done. "

Couple that with a new ./emote march and we're set to go!
Republic Veteran
# 13
02-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Of course they will put the statues in ESD, and the first city....It's what Romulans do to show the land as been conquered in the name of the Star Empire.
Captain
# 14
02-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I believe that the problem with this line of thinking, is that Cryptic probably has a different definition of the KDF being "Completed"..., as compared to what many players have.
In the past DStahl has been very specific about what it would take to get the KDF up to par, and it has matched what the players were asking for. SO if that's changed, it's in character with Stahl, but it won't do to try and shift that on the players saying the company had a different idea. The company is keenly aware of what's expected here. And has been since Beta. Most definitely since Season 1's fiasco.
Career Officer
# 15
02-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
In the past DStahl has been very specific about what it would take to get the KDF up to par, and it has matched what the players were asking for. SO if that's changed, it's in character with Stahl, but it won't do to try and shift that on the players saying the company had a different idea. The company is keenly aware of what's expected here. And has been since Beta. Most definitely since Season 1's fiasco.
Then perhaps both sides have been a bit to grandiose in their expectations...

The only way the KDF will be able to "catch up" to the Feds, is if Cryptic Stops Adding Stuff, to the Federation side of the game.

Something that in all likelihood, is never going to happen.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 16
02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Then perhaps both sides have been a bit to grandiose in their expectations...
Not in the slightest. All the KDF wants is to be able to level from 1 to 50. There's a gap in that. Fix the gap, and let people choose Fed or KDF at the beginning and go from there. That's not grandiose. That's pretty average expecation.

Quote:
The only way the KDF will be able to "catch up" to the Feds, is if Cryptic Stops Adding Stuff, to the Federation side of the game.
That's not true at all. Everything about the end-game has been multi-faction playable for ages now. Each new piece of the game added, be it an STF, the DOFF system, or starbases has been playable by both factions. That's already caught up. The only thing that needs attention is the gap that has caused them to make KDF 20 to 50 when Fed is 1 to 50. It's a small hole that needs some filling in. That's it. And that doesn't require stopping creation of Fed stuff or adding stuff. It never has. The end-game, which is where a lot of the new stuff added comes into play, has been fine for the KDF for quite some time. The part the KDF wants completed is the journey to the end-game.

Quote:
Something that in all likelihood, is never going to happen.
On this, we're in agreement. But that's because I feel the person in charge of this project keeps saying "I like the KDF. I want to complete it." And then does the exact opposite. He did this before he went to Zynga. He does this now.

Based on their track record, this isn't the development team you want creating a new third playable faction. Is it?

Last edited by snoggymack22; 02-05-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
It has been heavily hinted at a "new" Romulan faction.

I really want it, badly!

Although I also remember that Cryptic, in the past, have been very good at hinting stuff, but then pulling the rug out from under our feet afterwards.

We can only hope it is indeed true
Career Officer
# 18
02-05-2013, 10:11 AM
we are all getting our hopes up
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Captain
# 19
02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Most likely it'll be a subfaction, with you allying with either the Federation or the KDF and using their content. Pretty much what Dstahl has said about the possibility of a Romulan faction in the past.

We'll probably get a few Romulan only missions and the rest will involve playing a factions existing content.

Not surprising really when you think about it.

You've got faction specific lockboxes (Krenn and Wells for example), starbases, doffs (of which there are a huge amount now), rep system, doff assignments, fleet actions etc, boffs, c-store equipment.

That's an awful lot of content.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Rihannsu
# 20
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Based on their track record, this isn't the development team you want creating a new third playable faction. Is it?
Um, actually... yes. The curent Status of the KDF is acceptable to me. A romulan faction with a third of what the KDF has now would be ok to me.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.