Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Gorn/Lethean females?
04-11-2011, 06:54 AM
The title says it all.... when?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_shirt_ View Post
The title says it all.... when?
That's a good question. But honestly...how would female Gorn look? They're reptiles, so no mammary glads. They don't have hair. Would they be bigger? Smaller? More colorful or more pale? I like to pretend that female Gorn are rare and operate more like Queen Ants (I know they're not insects) where they lay tons of little Gorny eggs.

Perhaps female Gorn could have colorful feathers on top of their head and vibrant skin colors? And a smaller less muscular body?

As for the Letheans...I have no clue, maybe they don't have separate sexes. If they did how would they look?
I have a hard time picturing This in an Orion bikini with pigtails.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-11-2011, 11:47 AM
to be honest, I dont want one. Gorn and Leathen Females dont seem....right to me
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-11-2011, 01:09 PM
In case of the Gorn, I'd prefer if they went another route:

According to the kind soft canon that the STO novel follows, there are different subtypes of Gorn.
They have a caste system that goes well beyond social differences, Gorn from different castes are
actually physically different.
Why not get rid of the designation "Gorn Male" (we know they can do that with the Andorians) and make those Gorn of one of the castes and use the "Female" slot for another caste.
Leave sexual demorphism out of it and just give us two different castes even of they'll be identical statwise it would add some variety that goes beyond the regular character editor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
In case of the Gorn, I'd prefer if they went another route:

According to the kind soft canon that the STO novel follows, there are different subtypes of Gorn.
They have a caste system that goes well beyond social differences, Gorn from different castes are
actually physically different.
Why not get rid of the designation "Gorn Male" (we know they can do that with the Andorians) and make those Gorn of one of the castes and use the "Female" slot for another caste.
Leave sexual demorphism out of it and just give us two different castes even of they'll be identical statwise it would add some variety that goes beyond the regular character editor.
That's a great idea! Kind of like how they're doing a TOS and Modern Gorn. They could add the Gorn from Enterprise as well. That's 3 completely different types of Gorn bodies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-11-2011, 01:44 PM
How do you know that the Gorn we have in game, AREN'T the females?

*- saucy 60's gold lamé cocktail mini-dress optional
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
How do you know that the Gorn we have in game, AREN'T the females?

*- saucy 60's gold lamé cocktail mini-dress optional
I'll never look at "Arena" the same way ever again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Why not get rid of the designation "Gorn Male" (we know they can do that with the Andorians) and make those Gorn of one of the castes and use the "Female" slot for another caste.
This could in theory be used to stop the whole 'let us keep the old gorn' argument a few players have as well, assuming of course Cyrptic can pull it off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
That's a good question. But honestly...how would female Gorn look? They're reptiles, so no mammary glads. They don't have hair. Would they be bigger? Smaller? More colorful or more pale? I like to pretend that female Gorn are rare and operate more like Queen Ants (I know they're not insects) where they lay tons of little Gorny eggs.

Perhaps female Gorn could have colorful feathers on top of their head and vibrant skin colors? And a smaller less muscular body?

As for the Letheans...I have no clue, maybe they don't have separate sexes. If they did how would they look?
I have a hard time picturing This in an Orion bikini with pigtails.
According to Memory Beta:

"Though this is impressive among the males, the female Gorns are even more fearsome as they can average around 2.5 meters high and typically are 250 kilograms. As such, the females tend to be the stronger gender among the Gorn race. Due to this, it is not uncommon to see a large number of female marines and officers within the Gorn military."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
How do you know that the Gorn we have in game, AREN'T the females?

*- saucy 60's gold lamé cocktail mini-dress optional
Simple, a female would probably never put on such a hideous piece of clothing.
It's clearly the Gorn taste equivalent of Tucker in this scene.:p

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...aiianShirt.jpg
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 AM.