Ensign
# 1 Your Ambassador Build?
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
The best part about getting a new ship is finding a build that works for you. I am still experimenting with my own build and I would love to find out what everyone else's build looks like.

If you want to share please post your builds here. Thanks all!!
Career Officer
# 2
02-05-2013, 08:21 AM
1 DBB, 3 Beam arrays front
1 KCB, 3 beam arrays aft

TT I, BO 2
FAW I

EptS I AtB I RSP II EWP III
EptA I AtB I

TSS I HE II GWI

Love it
Ensign
# 3
02-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrocer56 View Post
1 DBB, 3 Beam arrays front
1 KCB, 3 beam arrays aft

TT I, BO 2
FAW I
Sounds interesting. But I have two questions. What type of weapon is your DBB? Also what does the second part mean...the TT I and FAW I....I am having a slow day
Career Officer
# 4
02-05-2013, 09:17 AM
all phasers, DBB=dual beam bank

TTI= tactical team I
FAW I= fire at will I
BO I= Beam Overload I

This is on a Tac Captain trying to squeeze out Damage and Crowd Control with good survivabiltiy
Captain
# 5
02-05-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm new to beams how does dem perform with beams

I was thinking about using it in the commander slot or lt.comm

I've used it with cannons and it works a treat
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Career Officer
# 6
02-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Everything I have read (no direct experience) say that DEM with beams is a bit disappointing and better used on a Single Cannon/Turret build. Again, just the word around the campfire, I have not tested for myself.
Career Officer
# 7
02-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I'm new to beams how does dem perform with beams

I was thinking about using it in the commander slot or lt.comm

I've used it with cannons and it works a treat
Since DEM is 'per shot/pulse' - you're going to see A LOT more value from it with cannons as compared to beams - and it really gives cannons the ability of major burst damage. That said I still would (and do) use DEM on a Cruiser with beams as it will boost DPS output (and in any MMO DPS is king).
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 8
02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
DEM with purple DEM DOFF, free Nadion Inversion (less power drain), highly recommend.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 9
02-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks for great replying sorry for taking up space on your thread

I'm going to use 6 beams the KCB and either mines or torp maybe even give the bio-neural a blast just for lolz

Really struggling tac powers wise I'm not a fan of bfaw or beam overload maybe roll with apb or apd and obviously tt1 with doffs

The usual emergency to shields and rsp with DEM(with doff) occupying either commander or aux to sif2 or 3

Science not sure wether to go with high level hazard emitters or high level tractor beam

I'm a tac captain so dealing damage shouldn't be a problem see how it goes
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Front:3 Fleet Phaser Beam arrays , Wide Angle Quantum Torp
Aft:3 Fleet Phaser Beam arrays , Quantum Torp Mk XII purple

Maco Set Mk XII

Subspace Field Modulator , Weapons Battery, Auxiliary Battery, Deuterium Surplus (or Engine Battery )

Transwarp Computer , Assimilated Module , Point Defense System ,
Neutronium Alloy Mk XI purple

2xField Generator Mk XII blue

3x Phaser Relay Mk XI purple, Zero Point Quantum Chamber MkXII purple

Boffs:

Torpedo: High Yield I ,Beam Overload II

Tactical Team

Emergency Power To Weapons I , Engineering Team II, Directed Energy Modulation II,
Reverse Shield Polarity III

Engineering Team I , Emergency Power To Weapons II

Science Team I, Photonic Officer I , Feedback Pulse II

Tactical Captain

I had to decide wheter to go for crowd control or to be effective against singe targets. I chose the later because torpedo high yield is relativly effective as a Tier I ability (compared to torpedo spread) and i wanted to have the tier II abilities for the beams.
Emergency Power to weapons and DEM is to keep the damage output of the beams as high as possible and to allow me to use beam overload as often as i need to. Engineering team is used twice to increase survivability.
Reverse Shieldpolarity is especialy usefull when fighting opponents with alot of firepower or multiple targets and it goes very well with Feedback pulse. THeir fire boosts your energy and Shields and they get damaged in return. Its a force multiplier and it allowes to do damage to whatever target ahoots at you.
Science team for Shield repair amd Photonic officer to shorten cooldowns a bit - it goes very well with tactical initiative.

Batteries are a matter of taste . I use Aux alot to boost feedback pulse and science team. Deuterium for geting mi into or out of trouble. Subspace Field modulator is nice for its defence bonus.

As for Universal consoles i use The Borg module for its energy boost and critical hit bonus, the point defence system to increase dps (alot) or as a defensive measure, and the Transwarp computer for its boost to energylevels.

Imho the Ambassador rocks. Not quite a s much as my beloved Fleet Excelsior, but the Ambassado is very interesting. It has a nice mix of offensive power, survivability and it allows for some higher end science powers. It is somewhat a Jack of all Trades. I realy like the Ship.
I m looking forward to see a Fleet or C-Store Version of it. Id buy it in a heartbeat.

Last edited by erhardgrund; 02-05-2013 at 12:12 PM.