Lt. Commander
Read and take note Cryptic... Not only are most of there games BUG FREE!! They fix known bugs in an instance, and even support the old games from 1999!

Now thats support.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=333164

You have more bugs in STO then you do in Egosofts entire collection of games. Now that is embarrassing.

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Captain
# 2
02-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Egosoft don't make MMO's. Entirely different animal.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2013, 03:15 PM
They will be soon, however is it to hard to ask for a fully working game!

Its been 3 years now...

The make of game should not make a difference on the level of support a game gets.

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Captain
# 4
02-17-2013, 03:20 PM
The Egosoft games are also buggy and unbalanced to the point of being unplayable for the first two years until they patched them up... so I wouldn't exactly pick them as paragons of release workflow.

Still Cryptic's QA process is a sad joke. I'll just say one more thing:

Tau Dewa Red Alert.
Captain
# 5
02-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkryder View Post
Read and take note Cryptic... Not only are most of there games BUG FREE!! They fix known bugs in an instance, and even support the old games from 1999!

Now thats support.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=333164

You have more bugs in STO then you do in Egosofts entire collection of games. Now that is embarrassing.
Yeah right. I love Egosoft's X series, and am always impressed by them; but they are notorious for being buggy and broken games full of memory leaks. It usually takes them a few months just to make it possible to complete all the main plot missions (which is the sort of thing you might expect to get sorted during the testing phase). Any new content they release after launch is always equally bug ridden. The advantage they have is that they don't make MMOs, and only occasionally make post-launch content at all; meaning they have plenty of time to find and squash those bugs between releasing new batches of them.

If Egosoft ever did make an MMO (something that does come up on their forums every now and then), it would undoubtedly end up way worse off than STO.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Community Moderator
# 6
02-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Egosoft don't make MMO's. Entirely different animal.
This.

Show me an MMO without bugs and I will show you a Developer team of Gods!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 7
02-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkryder View Post
They will be soon, however is it to hard to ask for a fully working game!

Its been 3 years now...

The make of game should not make a difference on the level of support a game gets.
But it does. If Cryptic would have just worked on the stuff the game had at the day of it's release, and not added anything, then they'd probably have a completely bug-free game. By that time, with no content being released, without any players, though...

If even Blizzard, with 4500+ employees, their know-how and experience in online-gaming and literally millions of Beta-testers can't release a bug-free game, patch or addon, what makes you think that a company 5% that size can?
Captain
# 8
02-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
But it does. If Cryptic would have just worked on the stuff the game had at the day of it's release, and not added anything, then they'd probably have a completely bug-free game. By that time, with no content being released, without any players, though...

If even Blizzard, with 4500+ employees, their know-how and experience in online-gaming and literally millions of Beta-testers can't release a bug-free game, patch or addon, what makes you think that a company 5% that size can?
There's a massive difference between "bug free" and "free of major bugs that break the game". The former is asking way too much. The latter? Not so much.
Republic Veteran
# 9
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Yes, Egosoft games are buggy, but you can really tell how they care about the players of their games. I believe Terran Conflict was even made with the help of some of the main amateur developers who created major mods like Reunion XTended. They also give regular updates on the development of X-Rebirth, and even poll fans on certain design decisions. The modding scene is openly supported and encouraged, and the community bind together to make playing the X-series a great experience.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
02-17-2013, 04:18 PM
In my short time in STO and dealing with Cryptic/PWE I've come to the conclusion that the answer to most issues would be for them to hire more good devs, a bunch of GMs and other customer service peeps.

For them to be able do this they need funding, from the C-Store and/or PWE. And PWE probably won't fund much unless the C-Store bring profit.

So in the end it comes down to that we need to buy more shinies and keys.

Also I think that they need to add more payment options for STO. It's kinda hard making a purchase when you can't find a way to make the payemnt.