Career Officer
# 1 Banned for opening paypal claim
03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
I was buying Zen to purchase the Odyssey Bundle for my 9 year old son as a reward for reaching level 50 on his federation character.

When I purchased the Zen paypal completed the transaction, the money has been taken from my bank but your site says it is being reviewed by paypal. I called and confirmed with paypal that the transaction is complete and the problem is on Perfect World's end.

When we disupted the transaction you banned my son's account.

This is borderline fraud, I have no way to put in a ticket to have this looked in to.

Simply, if this is not resolved and soon I will take legal action.

Plus, I have purchased Zen on these accounts many times without issue. In this day and age the delay is not acceptable and neither are these tactics where you ban customers who take actions to recover money that your system fails to complete the transaction properly.

My account is $50 down, nothing to show for it and I have a disappointed 9 year old son who worked to level 50 to get this.

Edit: When PayPal reviews, it can take up to 24 hours or so. Because you put in a dispute, the account is automatically suspended. You need to resolve the dispute with PayPal and let them know you did actually purchase the ZEN. Then you need to contact the billing department: file a billing ticket at support.perfectworld.com. You can email too, but it may take extra time for your general inquiry to make it into the billing queue instead of general: customerservice@perfectworld.com. Its best to file a ticket instead of emailing. It sounds like you putting in the dispute with PayPal means you didn't authorize the purchase when you actually did, so you also probably want to let PayPal know that. No one on the forums will be able to help you resolve this, only the Billing Team. -BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 03-02-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
03-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Perfect World sometimes takes a while to review transactions. Had it happen to me a few months ago over a measly 500 zen, but after 24 hours it went through. It's highly likely you experienced that as well.

How long did you wait before disputing the transaction?
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
03-02-2013, 09:57 PM
I have also experienced this delay, going so far as to chat with a Paypal rep.

Of course, according to the Laws of Murphy, my Zen came through when I rechecked the page for the umpteenth time with them on the phone.

When in doubt, just wait a bit.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 4
03-02-2013, 10:03 PM
1) I highly suggest you remove that legal statement, because that's not only grounds for an immediate ban, and something else that could make things worse.

2) If Branflakes was here, he likely give out Perfect Worlds Customer Service number or Email and suggest you contact them.

Now I'm not 100% sure, but I think your son's account got banned, is because of that Paypal account. If you share the same account, the computers might've automatically banned the account thinking the money was stolen.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.

Last edited by azurianstar; 03-02-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Closed Thread