Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
The feedback pulse should reflect damage and have it hit for 100% to whatever surface it strikes ...be it shield or hull.

Splitting the feedback pulse burst in half makes the entire ability practically harmless.

Remove the split.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,725
# 2
02-28-2013, 07:28 PM
on the contrary I have seen feedback pulse tear shields and hull apart at the same time. It's all about when you use it. If you run into an escort with rapid fire and use that, it's going to tear them apart if they don't shield heal.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,499
# 3
02-28-2013, 08:49 PM
For reference, it has 50% penetration... as far as I know, when the shields are down, it continues to deal its full damage to the exposed hull.

Also, against an escort that isn't prepared for it, the power is nasty.
Please stop exponential holding/reputation costs!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,748
# 4
02-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
For reference, it has 50% penetration... as far as I know, when the shields are down, it continues to deal its full damage to the exposed hull.

Also, against an escort that isn't prepared for it, the power is nasty.
Especially the buffed escort that is shooting a good BO 3 or CRF, particularly if the tac is buffed.

Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 83
# 5
03-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
The feedback pulse should reflect damage and have it hit for 100% to whatever surface it strikes ...be it shield or hull.

Splitting the feedback pulse burst in half makes the entire ability practically harmless.

Remove the split.
:O, dont touch my fav. sci ability vs escorts, i kill JHAS w/it, And its so damn fun to do it XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex:
[*]All Warbird descriptions have been updated, typoes removed, and gramer corrected.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 6
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
The point is on PVE and PVP the thing works vastly different.

In PVE its useless. NPC's have massive hulls and most 'boss' types have high shield and hull regeneration.. by having feedback pulse strike 50-50 the npc merely shrugs it off as nothing.

If the pulse hit the shields fully first and then the hull that'd be fixed.

In PVP it would not be that big of a change since the shield facing would go down much quicker and enable the pulse user's weapons to hit the hull much fast along with the feedback pulse strikes.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,039
# 7
03-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Feedback pulse is fine the way it is.

Your issue with PvE bosses... let me fix it for you right now.

Take any other skill into pve... feedback pulse is with out a doubt the worst skill you could choose. Th weapons power on EVERY single NPC is set to 50... they also rarely have more then one energy weapon anyway. Feedback pulse on even boss level ships won't do squat. no matter the amount of penetration. NPC dmg is balanced on Kinetic dmg... those one shots you get hit with are torps.

Load a Gravity well... or a TBR (just save it for bosses to not annoy everyone)... or Tykens... or CPB, or tachyon...

Basicly every skill you could choose will be better in pve... except perhaps VM which the bosses seem to have a crazy high resist to. That's considering you idea to just make it regular energy dmg.
/channel_join Tyler Durden
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 8
03-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Feedback pulse is fine the way it is.

Your issue with PvE bosses... let me fix it for you right now.

Take any other skill into pve... feedback pulse is with out a doubt the worst skill you could choose. Th weapons power on EVERY single NPC is set to 50... they also rarely have more then one energy weapon anyway. Feedback pulse on even boss level ships won't do squat. no matter the amount of penetration. NPC dmg is balanced on Kinetic dmg... those one shots you get hit with are torps.
actually a tac cube hits himself in return for 2600dmg with every shot it sends me. My beams dont do anywhere near that damage.

However, the boss npc or even spheres for that matter, take 50/50 split damage and they will heal the shield and hull damage they receive almost instantly.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 856
# 9
03-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Completely agree with this one. It needs to be 100% or it's useless and is thus avoided by the playerbase. I would love it to work properly on my ships Tried it on everything it's complete waste of time.

There's alot of things on the sci abilities that need real work. Like Tachyon Beam for example one can have the stats maxed and this thing doesn't even do half of what the cannons on the Kumari does but we're supposed to believe it's the same physics. Uhm if it's the same physics wouldn't those particles do the same things to shields no matter where they're being fired from? Just saying.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,459
# 10
03-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Actually, a lot of science players seem to use this heavily in PVP precisely because it penetrates shields, and that means that lolscorts can't just murder science ships without a care in the world because their RevSP and tac teams just don't matter. It's good that they have something to fear.

It's not very useful in PVE, I agree. It's not useful for the reason already outlined: that enemies just don't do much damage with energy weapons relative to the amount of hitpoints they have. Here is yet another illustration off why PVE and PVP play completely differently and need their own unique rulesets.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 AM.