Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Share the love...
02-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Now the Ambassador is out and we're all enjoying it, I'm sure a lot of you have noticed it has a better set up than the Galaxy. Now, before I get the flamers telling me it's a tank ship... yes... ok it is a good tank. However! It's long overdue for a little TLC. I know some might think I'm flogging a dead horse, but hear me out.

Since the game launched the Galaxy and the Negh'var have been more or less mirrors of each other. Granted the Neg can equip DHC's etc but that's a separate topic. The Fleet Neg has the extra Eng console slot and an Ensign universal along with the standard shield and hull HP increase, whereas the Fleet Galaxy got an extra Eng console and a little shield and hull HP... talk about short changing the Galaxy.

It needs a very minor adjustment, a universal ensign would go a LONG way as would moving that fifth eng slot down to tactical, but in all honesty I would be very happy with the ensign universal. Even though the Galaxy is my favourite Federation cruiser I haven't bought the fleet version yet simply because it's not worth the money for a little HP increase and another eng slot.

Please Cryptic, I'm sure there are many more who have held off buying the Fleet Galaxy because it wasn't thought through properly. A fact highlighted even more by the fact many consider the Ambassador, and older ship, to be superior.
Career Officer
# 2
02-05-2013, 06:45 AM
The Galaxy can have a Uni Ensign if the Excelsior can too
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 3
02-05-2013, 07:15 AM
They have made their fortunes from the old ships no changes will be made even if they are needed too busy with new ideas
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 4
02-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
The Galaxy can have a Uni Ensign if the Excelsior can too
Little backwards, pal. The Galaxy has been long overdue for a competitive edge. The Excelsior has been top of the roost in STO for far too long for no really good reason. I get that it's a durable, reliable ship that was used as flagships for admirals in the Dominion War. However, the Galaxy was the most advanced ship in Starfleet at the time of its debut, and likely would have been receiving refits just as frequently as, if not more frequently than, the Excelsiors.
Career Officer
# 5
02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Little backwards, pal. The Galaxy has been long overdue for a competitive edge. The Excelsior has been top of the roost in STO for far too long for no really good reason. I get that it's a durable, reliable ship that was used as flagships for admirals in the Dominion War. However, the Galaxy was the most advanced ship in Starfleet at the time of its debut, and likely would have been receiving refits just as frequently as, if not more frequently than, the Excelsiors.
The Excel's Ensign is about as useless as the Galaxy's 'pal'.

The Galaxy is a victim of its own popularity - it was in STO right from the beginning, before C-Store ships, before lockboxes and before the Excelsior was added for Emblems.

Back then, the ships had a clear progression with each 'tank' cruiser getting bigger and slower and the Galaxy was the fattest and slowest of them all.

But C-Store ships had to have 'bling' to sell them which is why the Excel and all the cruisers that followed her crap all over the Galaxy.

Cryptic has had three years to fix not just the Galaxy, but all the other ships that were in the game from the beginning, but they haven't.

Pretty clear message no?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012