Career Officer
I'm curious about something, specifically the unlocks given (via a Lifetime Subscription) when some unlocks will have already been purchased as F2P. Such being Bank Slots, Inventory Slots and the Energy Cap Increase.

If I then choose to pay for a lifetime subscription, do I get the zen that I've paid for these items back? If I do, then great. However if I don't, the respective unlocks don't seem all that worth it (cause I'd actually be getting less for the money).

Am considering the Lifetime Subscription, though thought I'd ask a few questions first. Others may come later.
Career Officer
# 2
02-25-2013, 07:26 AM
You won't get a refund on any Zen purchases.

EC Cap is pretty much lost Zen.

The additional slots may stack ontop of your subscriber slots, up to the max-cap.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-25-2013, 07:31 AM
The energy credit cap is a one time removal so you won't see it go any change there going to Lifetime. However, bank, character, costume, ship and other cumulative unlocks should stack with the lifetime unlocks as long as you don't exceed the maximum supported number of slots in a category. So the only lost unlock should be the EC cap removal.

Keep in mind that in addition to the listed benefits for a lifetime subscription, you would immediately unlock ALL veteran rewards which equates to quite a lot of things.

One more thing to consider is that from time to time, Cryptic puts the lifetime subscriptions on sale for as much as a 1/3 off. We have no way of knowing when such a sale will occur, but I thought you should know.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 4
02-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I'm curious about something, specifically the unlocks given (via a Lifetime Subscription) when some unlocks will have already been purchased as F2P. Such being Bank Slots, Inventory Slots and the Energy Cap Increase.
You do know that Bank Slots and Inventory Slots purchased from the Z-Store ARE IN ADDITION TO, what you would get from a Lifetime sub...

The only purchase that would be made redundant by a Lifetime sub would be the Energy Cap increase...
Rihannsu
# 5
02-25-2013, 08:06 AM
you don't get any zen back, but i think the ship, bank, inventory, boff, and costume slots you get from a lifetime stack with the ones you can get from the store, so you haven't really wasted anything there if you've already bought any such options...the EC cap increase, however, you did
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Career Officer
# 6
02-25-2013, 09:45 AM
There is a very good chance that there will be an LTS sale before May.
That would bring the cost from $299 US to $$199....
Just something to think about.
Career Officer
# 7
02-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingahead View Post
There is a very good chance that there will be an LTS sale before May.
That would bring the cost from $299 US to $$199....
Just something to think about.
Yeah - I'm holding out for one and dithering about whether I can afford it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
02-25-2013, 12:58 PM
You supposedly get a free ship ...

Where is my free ship!?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 9 Free Ship
02-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
You supposedly get a free ship ...

Where is my free ship!?
LTS do get a free ship, the Chimera Heavy Destroyer, if you so choose to fly it. If [i]you[i] are a LTS then you should have the free ship available to all lvl 50 toons.

If you're not a LTS, then the Embassador was your free ship. And I suspect more to come also.
Rihannsu
# 10
02-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franc275 View Post
LTS do get a free ship, the Chimera Heavy Destroyer, if you so choose to fly it. If [i]you[i] are a LTS then you should have the free ship available to all lvl 50 toons.

If you're not a LTS, then the Embassador was your free ship. And I suspect more to come also.
he wouldn't have the Starfleet Veteran forum tag if he didn't have an LTS or 1000 days subbed; either way, he has access to the 1000 day ships
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic