Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Career Officer
# 11
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
i agree..........................
Career Officer
# 12
02-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
WOW.......how stupid your going to nerf balloons? why cant the people that cant handle it just turn down their freaking setting?
Well, everytime there are balloons, my downstream (incoming traffic) is increasing by the factor ~10, this causes a ping of about 1.2 seconds. Turning down the video-settings doesn't protect you from being spammed with incoming traffic.

Cryptic should not just nerf the balloons, they should burn all of these party-poppers. I don't know if a size-reduction will be enough to reduce the downstream to normal values.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Career Officer
# 13
02-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote: "Resolved an issue that allowed some of the 3-year party popper balloons to be much larger than intended."

Why do you have to make out like it was unintentional to have the larger balloons in the first place?

I put it to the powers that be, that it was wholley your intention to have the larger balloons, (because they are sooo cool!) and as a result of this decision, extreme lag has been experienced on some maps, and therefore you need to reduce the size of them... not because they are larger than intended, but because someone made an error of judgement (as sometimes happens) and you have an urgent need to reduce their size to reduce the lag that they cause.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Career Officer
# 14
02-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130105a.37

General:
  • Resolved an issue that allowed some of the 3-year party popper balloons to be much larger than intended.
  • Q has been added to both Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy.
  • Q will now provide a short-cut contact to the engineer giving the anniversary episode.
  • The sidebar in the Journal had a text update and now also provides a Hail button to get the Anniversary mission.
I can't help but notice a distinct lack of "Fixed Tholian Red Alert button to stop bringing players into completed instances" in your list, Zero.
Career Officer
# 15
02-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Out of all the bugs they could have quashed 'balloon nerf' was at the top of their list? Seriously? I've not noticed balloons being so big that they hinder gameplay and that's when people actually use them which has clearly died down since last week which is to be expected.

Good to see Cryptic's priorities working as intended.
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Career Officer
# 16
02-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Seriously people, you are whining about balloons now? ROFL dear God!

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 17
02-06-2013, 02:59 AM
If all party poppers and fire extinguishers were removed from the game, I would be so happy.

These things just annoy you.
I can't even sell my hard earned loot at the exchange without the annoying things any more.

Why not replace the party poppers with something less...laggy and intrusive?
LIke party hats and party ties or shoes?
Empire Veteran
# 18
02-06-2013, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
Out of all the bugs they could have quashed 'balloon nerf' was at the top of their list? Seriously? I've not noticed balloons being so big that they hinder gameplay and that's when people actually use them which has clearly died down since last week which is to be expected.

Good to see Cryptic's priorities working as intended.
Fixing the balloons would take a day or two (as it clearly did), but the other priority items (such as bigger bugs) would obviously take more time... just because they fix one bug doesn't mean they're not working on other ones.

I'd think that'd be more obvious imo
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 19
02-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Not Season 8 will be such a huge update that many of the current bugs will likely be just eliminated and hence why they are not doing anything on them right now, just my guess.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 20
02-06-2013, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Not Season 8 will be such a huge update that many of the current bugs will likely be just eliminated and hence why they are not doing anything on them right now, just my guess.
Nah, new big update = new list of big bugs.

I just pray that they use the long gap until may to finally prioritize fixing some ancient bugs. Tholian Red Alert has already been mentioned... How about making it possible to complete the new player version of Halting the Gorn Advance? Or the tiny hitbox for the Hromi Nebula. Or ending up the wrong way around in sector space after changing some sectors in Rommy space...

The list goes on and on. None of those things would get magically fixed by the season 8 update until Cryptic sits down and actually has someone fix stuff.

On-topic:

HOW DARE YOU NERF MY BALOONS I'LL IMMEDIATELY CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION UNLESS YOU REVERSE THIS CHANGE

*Service Announcement*: This post may contain sarcasm