Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Career Officer
# 21
02-06-2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
Nah, new big update = new list of big bugs.

I just pray that they use the long gap until may to finally prioritize fixing some ancient bugs. Tholian Red Alert has already been mentioned... How about making it possible to complete the new player version of Halting the Gorn Advance? Or the tiny hitbox for the Hromi Nebula. Or ending up the wrong way around in sector space after changing some sectors in Rommy space...

The list goes on and on. None of those things would get magically fixed by the season 8 update until Cryptic sits down and actually has someone fix stuff.

On-topic:

HOW DARE YOU NERF MY BALOONS I'LL IMMEDIATELY CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION UNLESS YOU REVERSE THIS CHANGE

*Service Announcement*: This post may contain sarcasm
Indeed these need to be addressed especially the Red Alert, I think I've lost count how many times we've all beamed into an empty instance, I know I've actually played it fewer than 10 times on all toons!

However I'm wondering now if the long requested doing away zoned sectores on the map may be part of Not Season 8? We know Stahl has said it is something they would like to do and with zones the size of New Romulus perhaps this is hinting at the coding now being available? Would be nice and perhaps this would at the same time fix the red alerts which takes me back to the first point I made.
Career Officer
# 22
02-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Fixing the balloons would take a day or two (as it clearly did), but the other priority items (such as bigger bugs) would obviously take more time... just because they fix one bug doesn't mean they're not working on other ones.

I'd think that'd be more obvious imo
the baloons have been around a few days, the other more important bugs that should had a full stop red alert emergency patch are allowed to stay for MONTHS now.

your argument is invalid, because they had plenty of time, if it had any priority for them to fix their stuff.
they may be *aware* of certain bugs, but their priorities on the schedule are clearly not aligning with what the players expect to see fixed.

with the current state of the build, Patchnotes with only 4 lines for a whole weeks time of 45 Dev's should not be a allowed from upstairs, accepted by the players, or happening at all in the first place.
And if all those 4 lines are about just the current Event with low priority fixes... then yes of course people will complain about the lack of real fixes.

patience is running thin
Career Officer
# 23
02-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post

with the current state of the build, Patchnotes with only 4 lines for a whole weeks time of 45 Dev's should not be a allowed from upstairs, accepted by the players, or happening at all in the first place.
And if all those 4 lines are about just the current Event with low priority fixes... then yes of course people will complain about the lack of real fixes.

patience is running thin
With the suspected size of Not Season 8 (NS8) my guess is that the majority of coding is going that way which I hope will fix many long standing issues, this may be why we don't see more lengthy patch notes atm as there is nothing they are allowed to reveal.
Career Officer
# 24
02-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Get over it. I wasn't one of these 'whiners', but y'all complain and whine about some the smallest things in this game.. Get a grip, grow some, and move on.

Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
"We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-06-2013, 07:36 AM
*Sigh* I wish they would fix the broken adapted armor.
Empire Veteran
# 26
02-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
the baloons have been around a few days, the other more important bugs that should had a full stop red alert emergency patch are allowed to stay for MONTHS now.

your argument is invalid, because they had plenty of time, if it had any priority for them to fix their stuff.
they may be *aware* of certain bugs, but their priorities on the schedule are clearly not aligning with what the players expect to see fixed.

patience is running thin
Business and playerbases always have different expectations: that's a given I learned long ago And patience only runs thin if you let it.

Anyway, if they don't know what's causing the bug, or why, or how or anything about how to reproduce it... how do you expect them to fix it? I can't tell you how many times I've seen 'we're aware of this issue' only to be followed by 'we're aware of it, but don't how to fix it yet' months afterward

And only once they figure that out, they gotta come up with a solution, even if it's just a temporary one... which by itself is another can of worms.

Coding is not simple, and it never was. Regardless of frustration, you can't expect them to just defy how things work under-the-hood. There are big patch notes sometimes, and there are small ones sometimes, because that's how much they got accomplished at this time... for Cryptic, it was never an 'all at once' thing, more gradual

I say get over it
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitherow View Post
Get over it. I wasn't one of these 'whiners', but y'all complain and whine about some the smallest things in this game.. Get a grip, grow some, and move on.
I know, right? Don't people know they can get rid of their frustrations elsewhere?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 02-06-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Career Officer
# 27
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
One mans fun, is another mans lag-fest. Welcome to STO!
Upgrade your PC instead of dragging down the fun this game still has for other players!
Commander
# 28
02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
One mans fun, is another mans lag-fest. Welcome to STO!
Bigger balloons aren't laggier. They have the same amount of polygons as the smaller versions of them, they're just scaled up. In computing, the more polygons you have, the more load you put on the CPU which results in framerate drops.

I'm going to miss the big balloons but it's also a blessing in disguise. People (myself included!) like to spawn balloons nonstop in pvp maps. Depending on camera angles, these big balloons could block your sight through a doorway or cover up your screen enough to where you can't see a cloaker about to rip you a new one.

Really though, this wouldn't be an issue if people would just lower their physics debris objects instead of complaining in zone chat. Physics objects have no impact on the game other than a few broken pieces of turrets on ground maps.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Career Officer
# 29
02-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Every season has just introduced more bugs and fixed almost none from the season before. They then go and fix maybe 20% of the new bugs and move onto the next season, which is what they are pretty much doing now.

Is S7 bug free? It'd say its pretty badly bug filled, bugs people encounter constantly are being ignored. Since this patch was essentially "fixing balloons" you can be sure they are onto S8, otherwise those 40 people would need to be fired for a severe lack of output.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 30
02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
The balloons seem to stick around for far too long too. Maybe you guys should make it so after maybe 15 seconds upon spawning the balloons disappear. As it stands they can stick around for a good 15 minutes or more.

Example: I've made balloons at the academy, do the daily party patrol mission, switch characters, claim doff rewards, start new doff assignments, go to academy to do mission again, and my balloons are still there.
Self Portrait